Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Forum rules
before posting new topic check if it's exist. modding depends from amount of potential users who will use the mod, not popular games will be ignored
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

No way. I hate this game, wasted almost year and with every fucking patch i just see that time i wasted to get better gear and weapon is lost for nothing. MMO sucks!

ENBSeries wrote:No way. I hate this game, wasted almost year and with every fucking patch i just see that time i wasted to get better gear and weapon is lost for nothing. MMO sucks!
I'm sorry you feel that way. For what it's worth the game isn't even recognizable from what it used to be. It's changed so much. I doubt you've been able to escape hearing the recent explosion of success it's had. It's changed so much it might be worth checking out again.

In any case, here is my vote for ENB support in FFXIV.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

C'mon, this game as most of other mmo are not made for graphics. I remember very well how much i tried to make nice looking character and combine clothing to her, experimented with dye. But after all all you care about is fps and lags, disabling particle systems to be able see moves of bosses. I don't think someone look carefully with pleasure when running same dungeons countless times to get some drop for legendary weapon, people just rush as quick as they can. Add to that frequent update to the game. I only modify mmo when developers or server owners ask me, then at least i can do it right, but with FF14 mod will work few months only.

Hopefully reviving this topic....

While I understand why you would be put off from making this game compatible for the reasons you listed, mainly the fact that most MMO's in general aren't made to showcase outstanding graphical options as their selling point. Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is Black Desert Online even though the graphics aren't the main focus of the MMO, they are comparable to most AAA games.

The current build of Final Fantasy XIV Online has a "Trial Mode/Free Mode" now available that includes the entire base game along with it's first two expansions. There's also a feature called "Gpose" which is an in game photo mode or screenshot studio. This game has become immensely popular for screen archers. Just searching on Twitter you can see how popular it is. While the game is compatible with ReShade it's still nothing compared to ENB. I used ENB for Skyrim and its Special Edition as well as Fallout 4 and never bothered to use ReShade again. Technically I don't even use it now as I use GShade which is technically built using the framework of ReShade but built specifically for FFXIV as well as a few other games. It's a leap over the regular ReShade but still nothing compared to what I've seen ENB Series do for games.

I know it's a longshot in asking you as the author to take another look at it on top of all the other work I'm sure you have on your plate but it would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your hard work over the years on ENB Series!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I knew this game very well cause played half year somewhere in 2014 or 2015, needless to advertise it to me, cause i think there are some good things about it (except it's in many places unplayable for me cause of lags, like titan extreme and some other problems after old content was nerfed multiple times). I do not believe in the mod for mmo games, i very well remember everybody play from camera very high at top and want as high fps as possible to increase response of the game by ping. And any modding are game killers for big battles, like when odin is spawned. Of course people can just turn off the mod in this case, but still i very much doubt this. Also when i played, asked people if they are interested, just few said yes. I simply don't believe that there will be big enough users base for my mod and if it's small, i simply lose lot of time for nothing (f.e. if 1% of players would use my mod, it's just few hundreds of people). Can't remember what stopped me when i tried to dump renderer pipeline statistics, maybe it was hard to detect particular objects, because most japanese games have bad architecture about renderer, that's one of their weaknesses.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Checked the game page, it's now have huge price just to buy it. I dont want to spare that money and have low chance that people use my mod.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just remembered the reason i quitted this game. It became unplayable for people who are not part of guild, so can't progress any more with new dungeons. And previous dungeons which had limit per week were also pain in the butt to train to play cause people in the team spare only 1-1.5 hours per day to learn it, while my gameplay style is stubborn and i wanted to try out till it's done, not to wait again several days when party will be ready. So i left useless guild and realized game sucks for lonely player.