Always having problems with this Skyrim & ENB. Read for info

• Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Always having problems with this Skyrim & ENB. Read for

It's all bad coding of multithreading applications. Won't say it's easy programming task, but why the hell to develop AAA games then? Anyway, don't keep this in mind, just saying a fact without any chance to change anything. I'm sure the issue is not fixed, you only decreased it and later or in specific location it will show up again. Btw, i've read on msdn that winxp x64 have some issues in general (which not appear in 32 bit version), make sure service packs are installed. And try TDU game, how it works, may be patch from MS or AMD is the best solution.

Yeah you're right. the problem isn't totally gone but its much better with this settings I'm using.

I dont know whats wrong with the game but I always knew Bethesda created games that were full of bugs

I remember playing Fallout New Vegas and the game would always randomly crash and some quests you couldn't complete ETC... ETC.

I've read about this issue alot now that I've been researching it.

Apparently when Skyrim came out last year for PC, alot of people gave up on the elder scrolls games
so this is why you don't hear much people complaining about the bugs with the engine and such.

I read some posts from 2011 and saw people having the exact problem.
(micro studder when using bow or when near light sources)

Apparently bethesda never fixed it and people just either 1. figured out their own unique fix.
or 2. quit the game and found something better.

It's probably because everyone says the TESV is just a Xbox game port and thats why it's not optimized for systems such as mine.

*sensei*

I knew, I once used it, now I finnaly found it on my backup harddisk: The AMD DualCore Optimizer.
Here is its important part of the readme:
AMD Dual-Core Optimizer

Release Notes For
Version 1.1.4

July 18, 2008

---General Description---

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer utility synchronizes Time Stamp Counter (TSC) MSRs on AMD Dual-Core Processors.

---Improvement and Fixes---
Version 1.1.4
* Fixed installation issue on Windows Vista.

Version 1.1.3
* Updated AMD Dual-Core Optimizer for compatibility with AMD Family 10h and AMD Family 11h processors.

Version 1.1.2
* AMD Dual-Core Optimizer installation no longer requires system reboot. (Clean installs only, upgrades from 1.1.1 still requires reboot.)

Version 1.1.1
* AMD Dual-Core Optimizer’s driver has been WHQL tested and signed by Microsoft Corporation.

Version 1.1.0
* 4x4 “Gaming Mode” added.

Version 1.0.0
* This is the initial release.

---Usage Notes---

* Run setup.exe for a full uninstall/install.

* On 4x4 Systems, right click on the AMD logo system tray icon and select “Gaming Mode” in order to turn “Gaming Mode” on/off.

---Known Issues---

* Using AMD Dual-Core Optimizer while running on ATI Radeon Xpress on-board graphics will cause system to lock up while running HCT stress test. The problem has been identified as an ATI graphics driver issue, and an updated version of the ATI graphics driver will be available sometime in the future to remedy this problem.

* Reports of Blue Screen crash when used with MS Hotfix from KB Article 896256.

* Going into “Gaming Mode” in Windows Vista will create a “cmd” window briefly.

---System Requirements---

* Microprocessor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processors

This software installs and operates under the following operating systems
* Microsoft® Windows® XP
* Microsoft Windows Server 2003
* Microsoft Windows Vista

Operating systems NOT supported are:
* Microsoft® Windows® NT 4.0
* Microsoft Windows 98 Gold
* Microsoft Windows 98
* Microsoft Windows 95 OSR2
* Microsoft Windows 3.x
* Microsoft Windows Millennium
* Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
* Microsoft® Windows® 2000

---The following languages are supported ---
* All
I doubt, it will help on Intel or newer AMD CPUs or newer Windows Verisons (Win7), but you can try, if you want. Just PN me and I'll upload that file.

Thanks for the attempt cosmic but I'm sure it wont work

Athlon and Phenom are totally different architecture chip sets.
The program will auto fail upon running.

It will do a hardware ID check and come back as me not having the right processor :)

*sensei*

No, it wont do that.
Sure, it wont help, but it wont "auto fail", you don't have to run it, as far as I know, it has no hardware check and you'll get no error message.
This "fix" was still on or better "in" my system after I change to Intel Quadcore for a long time - I never noticed that. So you'll have no problems with it, if using incompatible hardware.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

AMD dual core optimizer is developed for Athlon x2 3600-6400+ cpus.
One more thing, i don't know about bow, but when earliest versions of the game had issue with mouse speed, it was dependent from frame rate by vertical axis. They "fixed" that, but movement speed bug changed to discrete when fps is low. But in your case frame rate doesn't matter, because these bugs only because some other game thread do not have cpu time to run and executes rarely. Alll users have a bug with animation of trees, it's simply stop working if fps drop something below 25, almost the same issue. I still think that you need some kind of cpu/os patch, you spending too much time for well known problem which was familiar when first 2 core cpu were released.

According to toms hardware.

All versions of windows XP with service pack 2+ are able to use Multi core processors properly

They said that it's dependent on weather or not the game was developed for multi core processors or not.

and I have service pack 3 now. so it should be working fine for me ;)