Is there anyone who can run ENB on dx9 game with RX 5700XT?

• Author

Is there anyone who can run ENB on dx9 game with RX 5700XT?

After hours of research, why I can't run ENB on DDDA (DirectX 9), I've come to the conclusion that it's most likely a AMD-driver issue.

I've found many people with the same issue (Blackscreen when game is starting, just ingame-cursor is visible. See this Thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7008). For many people this problem was caused by some sort of overlay software, but after uninstalling everything and closing every process that might interfere with the game, I can't see what could be the cause, except for the AMD-Drivers.

After all, there are many reports with incompatibility issues when it comes to DX9 games and the new AMD cards (https://community.amd.com/thread/244026). Furthermore the game starts perfectly when the d3d9.dll file is removed fromt the DDDA-Folder (but the enb is not activated of course).

Another indicator for my conclusion is the fact that these issues are only occuring in Skyrim (Oldrim-DX9) and not in Skyrim SE (DX11): https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/com ... 0_xt_enbs/

So my question to you is:
Is there anyone who can run ENB on DirectX 9 games (in my case DDDA) with RX 5700XT (or 5700)? If yes, is there anything you did to make this possible?

I appreciate every reply :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Is there anyone who can run ENB on dx9 game with RX 5700

Apparently yes.

I don't have this graphics card myself, but there has been several posts about it. If you use the search function of this forum, you can see them.
For example this one is about the Skyrim classic version (dx 9): viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6659&p=87296&hilit=5700xt#p87296

Yes, this graphics card is problematic with ENB, but if I remember correctly, then some time ago updated drivers came out that fixed it.

Read all the posts about this, and be sure to have the latest drivers for the graphics card installed. If still no help, let us know.