Black screen on ENB game launch ( Dragons Dogma ) d3d9.dll

• Author

Black screen on ENB game launch ( Dragons Dogma ) d3d9.dll

Currently using
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
DDR4 16gb dual channel
Windows 10 home edition 64x

I've looked at so many different things online that could be a reason as to why I can't get my computer to accept the d3d9.dll. It's like every other post I've read, pop in the d3d9 and game launches to black screen (not responding). Take it out and game loads fine, problem being we need the d3d9. Only used enbs a couple of times, I think a couple on skyrim and fallout new vegas or maybe fallout 4. But I was using a nvidia card back then and I was on windows 7. Most of what I read online about this happening was related to the person having window 10 ( is it that much of a crap show?)

I've gone through and disabled all of my startups, turned off overlays, disabled firewalls and windows defender as far as I can tell. I've downloaded directx_jun2010 from a suggested post along with turning off cortana, xbox game bar type things. I've tried the injector version but nothing seems to happen when using that, it doesn't crash but nothing shows up either. My game is un modded if it matters.

As per the instructions its pretty simple from my understanding. Grab the d3d9.dll pop it into the game root file, slam the (in this example: Rudy enb files) along side the d3d9.dll. I've tried rudy, resonate, and reforged. I've tried dragons dogma enb version 297-403.

I saw in another post to show my active programs. Feel free to point out all the things I should end.
I noticed some things don't want to end even if I end their task. But yall i'll end anything suggested and relay my efforts.
Side question: I'm still pretty close to a fresh install like, i've only put on my drivers and a couple games. Should I do a brand new windows install and switch over to Win 10 pro?
Sorry that was winded thanks for taking the time to read this.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Black screen on ENB game launch ( Dragons Dogma ) d3d9.d

As i know amd drivers often buggy, but this leads to graphical glitches rather than crashes, freezes or black screens. So most likely this is some incompatibility with other software or setting of the windows itself, worth to try run game as admin or set compatibility modes with winxp, win7 or what is available (i am not win10 user, so cant tell). But first, i recommend to disable services from corsair, "gameservices", maybe some other. Worth to ask people to make screenshot of processes who have no problems to run mods.

I have almost the same setup as you (my PC has a Ryzen 5 3600), and I have exactly the same issue. Could you find a solution for the problem?
It's driving me crazy and I can't find the reason for the Blackscreen :(

Would really appreciate, if you could help me.

I have the same cpu but my gpu is 5600xt and I am having the same black screen issue when I put d3d9.dll in my game files. I also have no other mods installed and wickfut who created the best ENB for DDDA said I should ask Boris but that that he doesnt support AMD. Was anyone here able to solve this issue?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not that i do not support amd, it's amd do not support me. Game runs absolutely fine on my laptop with radeon hd6xxx and hd7xxx cards. Driver bugs or some software they install with drivers are the reason of issues i believe.

Damn thanks anyway.

*master*

Re: Black screen on ENB game launch ( Dragons Dogma ) d3d9.dll

I managed to get it working, even with injected reshade GI, see:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2827824328