CROSSFIRE FINALLY FIXED!

• Author

Re: CROSSFIRE FINALLY FIXED!

@Bubble
Oh do you mean you get black fires when you burn somebody with a spell? If so, you might want to try unchecking the box for "Enable Surface Format Optimization" in the Catalyst Control Center. I had that problem too with that setting lol. Good luck!

Bubble

@surenintendo
thanks. All issues have been resolved. Past 30-40fps; Now 35-50fps
I hope in the future, you can update "skse_loader"

Thanks so much surenintendo! Crossfired 6950's running steady at 45-60 fps using SkyRealism ENB. The Depth of Field looks awesome! Can't thank you enough. I have no idea how to edit the SKSE source code for future updates, I hope you or someone else can keep this thread updated. Thanks again!

rolling1000ton

Re: CROSSFIRE TEMPORARY FIX

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you surenintendo, the solution works great.
As for the SKSE issue, I have found a solution for this, actually two solutions.

RadeonPro doesn't work together with SKSE and renaming the TESV executable is pretty much the only solution.
So to let SKSE accept a renamed executable I use this.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20745/ ... id%3D20745

Just place the 'skse.ini' in Data > SKSE, open the .ini file with notepad and change the executable name from TES_.exe to Oblivion.exe (I use FEAR.exe, for some reason I have a mayor FPS drop when I'm inside buildings when I run it as Oblivion.exe)

Go back to the main folder and change the name of TESV.exe to Oblivion.exe.
Run skse_loader and Skyrim will start. SKSE will work and so will DOF.

The other solution is to use 'Simple Borderless Window'.
You don't even need to run RadeonPro or a custom profile for Skyrim to let DOF work.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4

SBW also detects SKSE.

The only problem I have with SBW is that my FPS gets quite a hit.

twizzlerite

Thank you, rolling1000ton! This worked well for me. I decided to create a symbolic link of Oblivion.exe to TESV.exe so that I don't have to worry about game updates or Steam cache-checking causing problems. ("Link Shell Extension" makes it easy to do this.)

I think the reason the FPS is so much lower in Windowed is that Crossfire doesn't seem to function at all for Windowed applications, according to GPU usage (only one GPU is active).

CROSSFIRE NOT FIXED!!!
Flickering! Flickering! Flickering!
Used latest catalyst 12.11 and latest PCAP, ENB 121212
7970 in crossfire configuration
Try to use application profile from Assasin creed - When Crossfire is enabled - screen is flickering

Application profile from Darksiders just disable Crossfire. Crossfire logo not apear in right upper corner and FPS value like in single config.

P/S/ Problem in current implementation of ENB.

Re: CROSSFIRE TEMPORARY FIX

rolling1000ton wrote:Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you surenintendo, the solution works great.
As for the SKSE issue, I have found a solution for this, actually two solutions.

RadeonPro doesn't work together with SKSE and renaming the TESV executable is pretty much the only solution.
So to let SKSE accept a renamed executable I use this.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20745/ ... id%3D20745

Just place the 'skse.ini' in Data > SKSE, open the .ini file with notepad and change the executable name from TES_.exe to Oblivion.exe (I use FEAR.exe, for some reason I have a mayor FPS drop when I'm inside buildings when I run it as Oblivion.exe)

Go back to the main folder and change the name of TESV.exe to Oblivion.exe.
Run skse_loader and Skyrim will start. SKSE will work and so will DOF.

The other solution is to use 'Simple Borderless Window'.
You don't even need to run RadeonPro or a custom profile for Skyrim to let DOF work.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4

SBW also detects SKSE.

The only problem I have with SBW is that my FPS gets quite a hit.
Crossfire doesn't work in windowed mode for Skyrim, same goes for Simple Borderless Window mod. That's why you're getting quite an FPS hit.

darlock wrote:CROSSFIRE NOT FIXED!!!
Flickering! Flickering! Flickering!
Used latest catalyst 12.11 and latest PCAP, ENB 121212
7970 in crossfire configuration
Try to use application profile from Assasin creed - When Crossfire is enabled - screen is flickering

Application profile from Darksiders just disable Crossfire. Crossfire logo not apear in right upper corner and FPS value like in single config.

P/S/ Problem in current implementation of ENB.
enbseries.ini and change ForceFakeVideocard located under [FIX] to false if you have it on true to fix flickering, worked for me. Change EnableAdaptation located under [EFFECT] to false if its on true if you're having Lighting issues.

Can someone please tell me how to modify the source code of skse so I can use this fix with the latest version

Actually forget it I just used the skse.ini trick and it worked