CROSSFIRE FINALLY FIXED!

• Author

CROSSFIRE FINALLY FIXED!

PLEASE LOOK AT MY POST ON PAGE 2 FOR A BETTER WAY OF ENABLING CROSSFIRE FOR ENB!!!

This might not work for everyone and it's a bit buggy, but if you're one of those people who are getting blurred screen when crossfire is enable, here is a solution:

Edit: At the time of writing this solution, I am using catalyst version 12.1.

1. Open up your catalyst control center and under Gaming, click on 3D Application Settings.

2. Assuming you've already installed a relatively new version of the catalyst application profile (you can find it at game.amd.com), scroll down to the "AMD CrossfireX Mode for 3D Applications"

3. Choose "Use AMD pre-defined Profile", and it will show a list of predefined game profiles. Now select acb?p.exe (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood).

4. Scroll to the top of the settings page and under "Application Profiles" select "<<New Application>>" and click on <Save>. This will pop up a window asking you for the game .exe file.

5. Browse to your skyrim directory and select TESV.exe. It will prompt you asking if you want to overwrite AMD's predefined profile for skyrim. Click yes.

6. Start the game and enjoy!

Bugs:
If you try to enter the quest menu the screen will flicker, because it's loading two separate frame buffers from each card. Nothing you can really do about it without having to modify the drivers :(
Alternatively you may wish to try out DarksidersPC.exe profile if you dislike the flickering, but it will lower your framerates A LOT!

If you guys find a better alternative solution, tell me!! ^^

CROSSFIRE DISABLED:
By surenintendo at 2012-03-17

ASSASSIN'S CREED PROFILE:

DarksidersPC PROFILE:

~surenintendo

3. Choose
Last edited by surenintendo on 09 Nov 2012, 06:18, edited 2 times in total.

Re: CROSSFIRE TEMPORARY FIX

Thanks for the hint, will try it this evening. Always wanted the bokeh dof. :)

You haven't got a fix for the annoying screen flickering at night with most enb presets and crossfire? Only exceptions are fedorrrz and Opethfeldt presets, they work perfect at night and day. All the rest starts going crazy as soon as it hits 6 PM.
So these guys must have done something different. :D

/edit

You Sir are absolutle awesome! This fixed both problems. The bokeh DOF works and the flickering with most presets is also gone.
8-)

Hmm, I noticed some ingame flickering like when depth of field fades out, when hdr lowers brightness or when you look at the map.

I found that using the sh5.exe profile removes the flickering in those instances (unfortunately it doesn't remove the quest menu flickering) but it's something to try!

>;(((

kweeky

Thank you guys for the help with this, was driving me mad. Forcing to sh5.exe profile does the trick (I'm running "Moody" ENB settings). Performance isn't as good as the Skyrim profile but at least it's running now without in-game flicker (menu and map still flicker tho :()

Any idea if this'll be addressed in ENB in the future? I'm guessing it's to do with the Skyrim profile handling the Crossfire differently to how it's usually handled? I love ENB, think it's doing amazing things for the game industry (proving that LIGHTING and SHADOWS done right can really enhance the game), so really look forward to possibly being able to use it to the max on my hardware.

On a side note, this is the last time I ever go Crossfire/AMD. Especially considering as I have a 5970 which is a nightmare to disable Crossfire on (and when you do, it turns into a 5850. Yay). Skyrim, an intensely popular game and even after 7 months since release AMD still manage to continue to mess up not only crossfire support but the standard drivers too!

Has there been anyway of fixing this for real yet? I am using Dynavision for the bokeh... but it's not the same. :cry:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I am seeing a huge framerate increase in your images. Is there anything like this for single AMD card users? Or do you have to be using 2 cards?

I haven't touched Skyrim for a real long time, but I just looked up today and found out that you can use Matsos' DoF 2.0.3 with the Skyrim profile!

Link:
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?sgp129hgxid39d9

Simply replace the enbeffectprepass.fx with the new one and you should no longer get blurry screens.
I only found out about this today, so I'm not sure if it's a flawless solution though, but it's worth a shot!

Edit: In response to evok99, this problem only affects AMD crossfire users, so you won't see any gains on a single card ;s

kylian

Surenintendo you are my hero! Thx you so much!! Finally i can get 60 fps with a real dof effect :D

A big thank you for this thread. The blurred dof with my crossfire was driving me nuts! Here's my setup with my crossfire 6950's & 3.8Ghz overclocked 2500k cpu:

-Made a fresh Skyrim install using S.T.E.P. guide (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11)
-Installed most HD Texture packs recommended in S.T.E.P. guide
-I use Skyrealism - ENB Evolved. Note that it uses the 0.119 ENB (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23765) I use the Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel weather and lighting mod so used that version of Skyrealism - ENB Evolved.
-Used Wrapper version of 0.119 ENB
-Used SMAA standalone (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16233)
-Turned off both AA and AF in the Skyrim Launcher
-Forced 16x AF in enbseries
-Also used the sharpening effect from either Project ENB or Sharpshooters ENB (can't remember which one). Just the effect.txt file.
-Used the Assassins Creed Brotherhood CAP profile as stated above.
-Used the Xfire fix for flickering menu screen mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19102)
-Use great tool that toggles DOF & SSAO (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13306)

I get a constant 40+ fps using the Assassins Creed profile and I don't get the menu flickering using the flickering menu mod above . If I turn off DOF and use the Skyrim CAP profile I can maintain close to 55 fps. For all those frustrated Crossfire users where there is a will there is a way. Hopefully this helps.

Question - Does SSAO work with AMD 6950's? I've heard conflicting reports. If SSAO is enabled it drops my fps by about 5-8 fps. Is it worth it to run SSAO and SMAA at the same time? I can't seem to see much of a difference when it's enabled. The only thing I notice is objects have more shadows.

*sensei*

@arnoldvsthegooch

As far as I know, SSAO works fine with AMD 6950 (I used to have one myself). SMAA and SSAO are not the same thing. SSAO is ambient occlusion, and it generates better shadow and depth shaders, whilst SMAA is an effective anti-aliasing method. SSAO on an AMD 6950 will typically cause a drop of ~7 fps, depending on VRAM available. SMAA, that you should not worry about, it's pretty light on that video card.

@all

I was trying 2.0.5 Matso DOF, using two AMD 7870 in CrossFire, driver 12.9, and it works quite well (with Assassin's Creed profile active). I get a constant ~50 fps, with little to no stuttering. Will look into the details and report when I can clarify some issues.