ENB not showing up in Graphics Adapter.

• Author

ENB not showing up in Graphics Adapter.

Im running Radeon R9200 series and for some time i have had zero issues with the ENBoost up until one day things started getting really laggy when turning left and right.

Turns out that somehow ENBoost disappeared from Graphics Adapter section under skyrim settings and now shows my Radeon GPU again...

Whats weird is the ENBoost is properly installed and im able to activate it in game via Shift Enter but for some reason in Graphics Adapter it shows my own GPU now and not ENBoost that is used to...

When it showd ENBoost under Graphics Adapter the game ran insanely smooth and i never had sudden CTD for so random reason.

Now it shows my own GPU again and things look fine but are really laggy.

Has anyone ran into this?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB not showing up in Graphics Adapter.

ENBoost or ENBSeries is not video adapter, it don't need to be listed anywhere. If you have seen "ENB" adapter, it's special mode for old Skyrim patches only, obsolette now. Turned on by ForceFakeVideocard=true.

Ok. I understand. ENB series and ENBoost are two different things.

So the issue is why am i getting such bad in game lag while using the newest ENBoost?

The game looks fine as always yet turning left and right makes things really laggy.

I tried both wrapper and injector.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Memory manager was changed very long time ago to talk about "newest" ENBoost. Describe issues properly with configs and system specifications if you want to get help.

I am using enbseries_skyrim_v0302. Also using the

I installed it as asked in the Skyrim Folder that holds the launcher for SKSE.

I can access the ENB in game via Enter and Shift.

I made NO config changes to the ENBoost aside from in game changes such as effects. Also memory and Vsync via the enblocal.ini

I am on Windows 10.

Radeon Software 16.1.1, Crimson.

GPU: AMD Radeon R9200 Series. (R9 280x)

Memory Size: 3072 Type: GDDR 5
Clock: 1070MHz

System Memory: 16G

CPU: CPU Type
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Which versions worked without issues?

I have only used v0.302.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So the issue is why am i getting such bad in game lag while using the newest ENBoost?
This is your words, so i thought that older version of the mod do not have issues for you.
To speak in general, Crimson drivers are very bad by performance and stability, at least users reported such results, may be they are fixed now. You need to tweak memory manager setting in enblocal.ini, this is described on Nexus page of ENBoost and somewhere here on the forum. If i remember, DisableDriverMemoryManager=true must be set for AMD cards for better performance. When stuttering occurs while rotating camera, this means out of video memory scenario - wrong setting for various parameters of [MEMORY] category of enblocal.ini. Also win10 is another pain in the butt, don't expect to get the same smooth gameplay as win7 have.

Ok i will make that adjustment.

But what is weird is.

Lets say i change the d3d9.dll with the Anti Freeze patch, which is obsolete as you say, my game runs smoothly but i cannot access the ENBoost.

Though the game runs smoothly with the Anti Freeze i fear i will have memory issues and just crash randomly when walking because of lack of memory...

Yes?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Crashes occurs because of various reasons and one of them - out of memory. AntiFreeze patch is obsolette and don't have improvements of ENBoost, while ENBoost includes almost all AntiFreeze features.