Cant get enboost working amd card

• Author

Cant get enboost working amd card

Cant get enboost working for some reason. I have it installed correctly and adjusted my enblocal.ini too the right settings for me. I force videomemory size too 2048-4096 but my card will not go over the 768mb dedicated. My dxdiag says 4206 appox. total video memory. But i know my card only has 768 dedicated. Without enboost installed or with it installed my fps are exactly the same thats how i know enboost isnt doing its job for some reason. Card is radeon hd 8610g. My cpu is 2.9ghz so i should be able too play this game(fallout4) if i can get more vram but overclock is out of the question because im using a laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Cant get enboost working amd card

I don't think fps will not be any higher with laptop hardware. To check if it works properly, look at amount of memory used by enbhost.exe when game is running and some map is loaded, if value is above 100 mb, then it works. Statistic in editor also shows that.

nope no matter what i change the forevideomemorysize to i use the same amount of ram. fo4 never uses more than 3 gig with the settings im using

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Uh, sorry, missed fallout keyword and thought it's for skyrim. Video memory size forcing in fallout version is a driver hint. When enabled, vram usage will differ only if game decide to do that and if driver will keep textures and geometry in vram or move to ram (or even on disk). This feature of enboost do work in any scenario, simpy ignore any stats unless heavy texture packs will be available.

Yeah... problem is im trying too run the game on a graphics card thats not good enough. My cpu is fine but i was hoping too give my vram a boost with enboost...lol. Are you saying this is not possible? Im not sure why but my computer says i have up to 4206 total video memory. But Programs i use show that it never goes over the dedicated amount even when it needs it. There is nowhere in bios to change it either

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Amount of vram available to the game is limited to value reported by VRamSizeTest dx11 tool. You can't do anything at all, if game won't allocate vram resources even if ENBoost pass a lot of vram to the game. May be some game config hidden variables have control over streaming and amount of resources loaded, but it's a risk to waste ram for nothing and better don't touch without 12+gb of ram.