Skyrim Logo flicker then Black Screen

• Author

Skyrim Logo flicker then Black Screen

I've ran ENBoost fine with Windows 7 for as long as ENBoost has been out. I use injector version, because whenever I run the wrapper version the ENBhost.exe keeps replicating itself.

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10, Skyrim worked fine with ENBoost for a few days, then my computer auto updated and restarted.
ENBoost stopped working after that- The Skyrim logo would flicker once, then the rest of the screen would turn black except for the "New Game, Load Game, etc." options. I can boot into a save game fine, but the screen will remain black and have remnants of the menus I open up.

My racemenu has also stopped working coincidentally, but I'm not as concerned with that as I am with ENBoost.

I downgraded back to Windows 7 thinking it would fix the problem, but sadly everything remains broken.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on? I've scoured every forum about black screens on ENB and tried all the suggested methods. Made sure I didn't have any overlays, made sure AMD Drivers were updated. etc.

I know it's an issue with ENB because my game runs fine without it.

Please help, I really want ENBoost back again, and I'm seriously desperate.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim Logo flicker then Black Screen

It's all about crapware, terminate useless processes and run the game till it works.

I don't have EVGA or D3D or anything of the sort. The only thing I have are Razor Synapse and Cortex and I've already tried turning those off. It makes no difference.

Is there anything aside from the usual "crapware" that would activate alongside ENB? I mean, I assume what is happening is that there's a sort of "filter" that gets turned on when ENB activates and that is what is not functioning correctly, because I can still see very faint traces of things on the screen.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Razor is crapware. And there is no filter or anything else like that.

If that's the case then like I said, I've already turned everything off and it made no difference.

Well, I guess to be more specific, there seems to be a heavy layer of "film" or "shader" that just covers anything that would normally have color to it. So it doesn't display anything that would normally have color.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, but when users says they disabled everything this just means they have something else they even don't know. Any known bugs or new type like reported by you are because of produced by another software. Btw, mod do not activate any effects in game menu and startup time, so this is just a bug of corrupted memory of the process or incorrectly hooked graphics functions. Well, another try. Delete skyrimprefs.ini, do not use skse, make sure antialiasing disabled and not forced in video drivers. Try different video drivers and remove them each time completely with special clear up tools. Delete all non skyrim files in "enbseries" and game folder, install my default files only (may help if you have installed presets which heavily depends from multiple shaders and some are missing or from different presets).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Razer Synapse isn't really crapware, Razer GameBooster I know is. Synapse just handles mouse and/or keyboard profiles. AFAIK it doesn't hook into the game process. I have synapse for my mouse but not keyboard. Still, disable it if it's a problem obviously.