Everything on Ultra, 2xMSAA+SMAA
Mods: HD 2k textures, enb v102, others that have no effect on framerate
enb: SSAO+IL (max quality, scale *1)
Retested with 1.4
HD 6770 - avg: 41fps min: 27fps
HD 6790 - avg: 53fps min: 33fps
HD 6850 - avg: 54fps min: 45fps
HD 6950 - avg: 54fps min: 49fps
Last edited by errorspread on 04 Feb 2012, 11:50, edited 2 times in total.

Re: 12.2 drivers

Где вы получили такую информацию? На оффицально сайте нету 12.2

Where did you get this information? On the official website no 12.02

If you mean numbers, i tested it myself. I "work" in a HW magazine so i got some cards we had there and tested it on my PC. I couldn't get the HD 69** because the only two we have were reserved, i will update it as soon as i get them.
Normally i use HD 6770 and until 12.2 preview drivers i was using 9800 GT for Skyrim in order to get decent framerate with IL enabled. Probably i'll test the 69** on i7 machine because i am not sure if i will get permission to bring them home.
EDIT: Drivers can be found here http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... river.aspx

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Finally they fixed bug. Better to let everyone know about this.

Hi errorspread & Boris...

I have the 12.2 Preview drivers installed but still can't get more than one or two FPS @ 1920x1080 with IL enabled using Skyrim's AA.

I'm running:

i7 920 @ 3.4Ghz
6GB RAM
ATI 5870 1GB

To enjoy the best that ENB has to offer, I will usually run at a lower resolution like 1600x900 and let my GPU scale up the image to fill my monitor (though I can't help but wonder that the quality isn't the same).

Are you aware if whether or not 12.2 fixes this for the 5800 series or not ? I know the 5870 isn't lacking the horsepower for it.

Thank you!

I am testing HD5*** series right now and for me it's running well. I still couldn't get some of cards, hopefully tomorrow they will be free so i can complete the list. I played on HD and 2xMSAA+SMAA while testing, try SMAA with MSAA off, also i have default profile in CCC. On fullHD the fps loss was greater, i really don't like the scaling, but it never went under 15fps. Also i was testing the previous cards in hours they released the 1.4 patch so some cards are tested on 1.3.10 and some on 1.4, sorry for that, the fps improvement is 5-10fps for me. Now i am retesting all of the cards with 1.4

Ого! Вчера только спросил решения своей проблемы, а тут вот она )) сглаживание х4 + fxaa(1.4 патч) + ssao(102) и проседание фпс вообще не заметно. Наконецто понарамные картины можно делать, на растояние не будет "лесенки" :D

Wow! Only yesterday asked the solution to your problem, but now here it is)), anti-aliasing x4 + fxaa(1.4 patch) + ssao(102) subsidence and FPS in general is not noticeable. At last you can make panoramic pictures on the distance will not be "ladder"

Thx =)

Hmm.. that's good news you are getting results with the 5800 series.. you give me hope that decent fps is possible at 1920x1080 with my 5870.

At this point I've reinstalled my Catalyst 12.2 drivers and reset the BIOS on my X58 mobo, but still can't get more than 3 or 4 fps with IL & AO enabled (even with Quality settings at 2 and SizeScale at 0.5). I'm not running in-game AA and have Catalyst AA set to "Application Controlled".

UPDATE:

OK, when I'm indoors\dungeon I get 30-40fps with AO+IL... it's outdoors that it drops to <3fps.

I have Shadow@High, Ugrids@7, and LOD@Ultra with SkyrimHD texturemod installed. Going to install a Vanilla Skyrim and see what results I get with ENB AO+IL outdoors.. then re-add the texture mods again.

UPDATE 2:

Of course... I loaded default Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini and now I'm getting similar FPS to what errorspread reported . Going to compare my .ini with the defaults to see if I can locate the Skyrim setting or settings that is causing the Catalyst FPS hit when ENB IL is enabled.

-----------------
UPDATE 3:

Sorry to report that after 3 days of testing; Enabling AA with IL turned on still cripples the framerate. Searching the internet it seems others are still having this issue with the 12.2 Preview drivers , at least with the 5800-series cards. Perhaps its time to get a Nvidia card after all.

Little update.
The SSAO+IL seems not to work on dual chip cards and crossfire setups. Only very few users were lucky enough to get it working with crossfire or dual chip card. After testing it on other rig, the dual chip cards were getting 3fps again, strangely 5850 was affected too. Otherwise again the numbers were almost same as when i tested it at home. It was tested on both 720p and 1080p and again, the scaling was terrible- over 60% fps loose on 1080p.
And now, there are new drivers- 12.3 (modded for all cards).
I didn't have much time, but after installation it screwed the skyrim, forcing it to run on lowest settings (including resolution) no matter the settings or ccc profile. I will take a look at it in the weekend. Too bad they will now focus on 7xxx series mostly.
But atleast they gave me hope that they are making progress occasionally...

@rhinohorn
I will again (and for last time) retest the 5870 on two rigs (i3@4.2GHz and Phenom II x2@4.2GHz, check the skyrim cpu scaling i posted above to understand why i choose dual cores...) and i will also try different .ini tweaks and ccc profiles and enb versions. I really have no idea what could cause it, but 5870 was running nice on both rigs...guess i am just lucky. Also the numbers on 1080p were lower, depending on what was bottleneck- cpu or graphic. On 5870, 1080p i was getting over 45fps avg. You can send me your .ini and enb so i can try it...but i doubt it will make any difference...BTW definately go for greenies if you don't mind the performance/price ratio, their drivers are just better (on amd i still can't run rage half year after release...)

EDIT:
Fast update: Confirmed, the scaling is just so terrible that you won't run it on 1080p. You either give up the resolution (i still can't understand why someone prefers resolution over SSAO+IL, but Suum cuique...) or SSAO...Framerates were less than 30fps (23avg) with just quick test. 1600x900 is best compromise - 47 avg. , guess there will be no more improvements on this from AMD side...Also when i find out how that paypal works i am gonna donate Boris for his great work (and to get an AMD card :lol: ) Wish i could have helped somehow...

Also i don't want to make another topic about this...
Boris, could you please make the flow-based water shader like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYOFLqIt ... e=youtu.be?
I don't want to be rude but you are like a guru in graphic programming so it should be easy enough for you :D...i just hate the way the water flows now, it's just so * when you enjoy the enb environment and suddenly you see the water flowing from one side of river to another...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't make water flow without additional data of directions and shore. This could be special geometry from above, colors of vertices, projected texture or something else. Already thought about that. Perhaps in creation kit possible to make dummy object for that, i'll do some experiments later.