ENB + SKSE not working

• Author

ENB + SKSE not working

For the past few days I've been having intermittent problems with SKSE while running a full ENB (as opposed to just ENBoost). When I first upgraded to the Seasons of Skyrim ENB profile the game would load fine and looked beautiful, but SKSE wouldn't start and all the mods that depended on it failed.

I completely re-booted my system and that took care of it for a few days. But now I'm running into the same problem again and the re-boot doesn't fix it. I've tried:

- running SKSE as an administrator
- completely re-installing SKSE and running it as admin.
- re-naming SKSE_launcher.exe to both Skyrim_launcher.exe, and then to TESV.exe.
- using the injector version of ENB

All with no success.

The only thing that "works" is to replace the enblocal.ini with the one from ENBoost, thus disabling the graphics enhancements, which kind of sucks private parts as, frankly, I've fallen in love with the look of the game with ENB.

So I'm hoping for some constructive direction, cos I would prefer to play Skyrim with the ENB, and finally found a preset that both looked great and ran at peak FPS... but then it just up and failed, and I have no idea why. So, thanks in advance. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

*sensei*

Re: ENB + SKSE not working

Might be one of your SKSE plugins, post your SKSE.log please.
re-naming SKSE_launcher.exe to both Skyrim_launcher.exe, and then to TESV.exe.
By default, it's named skse_loader, not launcher.

Re: ENB + SKSE not working

Thanks for the reply. I really do appreciate it. I solved the problem, though, and am posting it in case somebody ends up here with a similar issue.

It was RadeonPro. Or rather it was the profile I selected for Crossfire. Even after disabling Crossfire, which I was never able to get working without flicker, the profile stuck. Once I re-enabled Crossfire I was able to make changes to the profile in RP. I changed the profile back to nothing, reverted back to a single gpu and tried Skyrim again. Now, knock on wood, all is good.

So thanks again, and cheers.