Skyrim crash after logo, was working fine before...

• Author

Skyrim crash after logo, was working fine before...

Hi.

So I decided to get ENB a few days ago and when I installed it (wrapper or injector version) I kept crashing a few seconds after the Bethesda intro (specifically when it gives the shift+enter message on the top left corner), so then I decided to get a clean install of Skyrim, and ENB actually worked, okay great... But now 2 days later I started my PC and I wanted to play Skyrim but the same issue is back again... I tried everything, DirectX runtime, disabling AA from catalyst, I also uninstalled Dxtory and MSI afterburner, I checked for mod conflicts, I changed the [Memory] options in enblocal.ini I re-installed ENB, be it wrapper or injector, but still... Nothing works. Skyrim seems to be running just fine without d3d9.dll or enb.dll... I don't know what's happening, can someone help please? This is becoming VERY frustrating for me... >:o

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim crash after logo, was working fine before...

Don't think that anybody can help. Check which programs do you run and which do autoupdates, may be it's drivers were changed on background or antivirus.

*sensei*

To me this souns like a classic mod incompatibility issue.
SweetFX can cause startup issues but if its missing a shader in its library you wont go as far as to the main menu.

My guess? Your game is corrupt.
CGI ENB

Well, I re-installed Windows on my PC now, thought it was about time I did so, cause it's been forever... ENB is working now (used v0.239 since I was told that v0.264 had issues with some AMD cards). Hopefully it keeps running and doesn't go back to that annoying crap.

Thanks for the replies though. :)

I think I figured out what was the problem...
I was using SSME and the firs memory block was at 768 and 2nd block was on 512, it used to work with Skyrim for a while, but it kept crashing on startup again (after windows re-install), so I decided to return them back to the original values (512,256) and it works like a charm now... If only I knew... lol.

On a side note, I really like this, good job Boris! :)
My sister occasionally sees me playing this and when she saw it with ENB it thought it was a different game, "More polished" she commented. :P