Transparent ground in Fallout - New Vegas

• Author

Transparent ground in Fallout - New Vegas

Hi,

I recently installed FNV and a ton of mods. I also installed this enb. The Problem I have now, is that whenever I look at the ground or turn around certain angles, the ground goes glitchy and transparent like in the screenshots. My PC runs Windows 7 64 Bit, Has a R9 280X, a FX8350, and 12 GB RAM built in. I extended the memory awareness of the game .exe with CFF explorer, and I run the latest NVSE. I tried using different ENBs, but the one I linked to is the only one that runs without my graphics card constantly clocking up and down, making it unusable. Every ENB I tried I used with the latest version (v0263). I am trying to fix this for almost 3 weeks now and I just cant get it to work. I also tried this fix, but it didnt help.

thanks in advance!

Screenshots:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Transparent ground in Fallout - New Vegas

Antialiasing enabled.

sadly, this is the first thing I checked. I disabled it in the Launcher,and in the gpu panel. Water displacement is off and hdr enabled.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

May be it's antialiasing in driver control panel? I don't know any other reason (except crossfire and various overlays).

Alright I got it somehow working. If I fidget around a lot with various presets the bug eventually stops occuring. Closing Afterburner also helped. I'm not sure what was the problem. Antialiasing isn't forced by my gpu. It also helped turning off Hardware Tesselation (I dont really know if it was that bit okay..)

Since this thread is the top result in Google for this problem, I'll go ahead and necro to say that disabling Steam overlay solved this for me. I expect dx overlays in general must cause problems for some users in this game.