ENB Crashes Fallout Games.

• Author
*sensei*

Re: ENB Crashes Fallout Games.

i have an AMD card, and the game works fine, the reply you guys give is that it does not work, but neither of you actually say if you did what i said.

Since your answers are half answers, there is no way for me to give you another suggestion, i have years of experience in dealing with the game's stability,
so i can probably give like 20 different ways to make the game crash less, but i cannot suggest anything if you guys don't say if you have done what i suggested.

it sounds to me like you don't want to solve the crashing problem, otherwise you would have let me know if you did what i said.

again, i have a AMD card with the latest drivers and Fallout has never run better then with the latest ENB.

first try the things i suggested, if it does not work, let me know and i have some new tips for you.

Marcurios wrote:i have an AMD card, and the game works fine, the reply you guys give is that it does not work, but neither of you actually say if you did what i said.

Since your answers are half answers, there is no way for me to give you another suggestion, i have years of experience in dealing with the game's stability,
so i can probably give like 20 different ways to make the game crash less, but i cannot suggest anything if you guys don't say if you have done what i suggested.

it sounds to me like you don't want to solve the crashing problem, otherwise you would have let me know if you did what i said.

again, i have a AMD card with the latest drivers and Fallout has never run better then with the latest ENB.

first try the things i suggested, if it does not work, let me know and i have some new tips for you.
I have tried both of those things with no luck. On my Nvidia card my games run surprisingly stable because I have done various tweaks to help.

I'm glad to hear that your game and ENB works with Fallout, I guess that means I was wrong and it is compatible with AMD.

@Boris: If extra software was running and conflicting with ENB, wouldn't it affect ENB on other games too? I have no idea how ENB is actually coded so in the mean time I'll retry disabling all the extra software.

Thanks for your help guys, I'm just frustrated at this and really busy with school work so I can't dedicate huge amounts of time to Fallout any more.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I wrote in my previous post what is it, you may not agree, but for me it's fact. Any assumptions and conjectures not work when speaking about other software as they hooking in to game and enb very dirty way.

ENBSeries wrote:I wrote in my previous post what is it, you may not agree, but for me it's fact. Any assumptions and conjectures not work when speaking about other software as they hooking in to game and enb very dirty way.
I really don't doubt that's what the problem is, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I started up in safe mod and got a bit further, instead of crashing immediately the screen turned green (before the menu loads up) then crashed.

In regular mode, I disabled literally every non-essential Windows process (from 100 processes to 30) and still the same results as before. Crashing right on startup, screen stays black.

*sensei*

i can understand frustration, sometimes i get frustrated too, so there's no harm done.
If extra software was running and conflicting with ENB, wouldn't it affect ENB on other games too?
No, every ENB is different, the code in it and where it reacts to is different, that's why the filesizes differ, cause there's new code added and old code revised sometimes.
If you don't know programming, then let me tell you that each program is different, each new ENB version is different, so you cannot compare Skyrim enb to Fallout enb.
It would be wise to not assume that you know what the problem must be if you do not know how it works.
this means that every ENB reacts differently to your game and card.

I bought Fallout New Vegas on a disc, but i had to install it with Steam, i never got Fallout NV running, ever !
I tried everything i could think of from Fallout 3 to make it run, it Always crashed on startup.
What i did to make it run was i downloaded a cracked version and after updating to the latest version on steam
i copied the FalloutNV.exe from the cracked version over my steam exe, and that was the only way to make it start.
try that and see if you can start it up.
You can also try to set the ?2GB flag on the exe with cff explorer, if you don't know how to do that.let me know.

same for a friend of mine, he could get it to run from steam, but at a given moment he had to reinstall and the steam version did not work anymore,
after that he tried everything you can think of, never got it running till he used the cracked version.

it can also help if you install the game outside of the program files directory, windows can mess up the file permissions.

if it does run without ENB and not with ENB i would try some different drivers.
you can also try to disable most features of the memory manager in enbseries.ini to see if you can get it to run.
then one by one enable stuff again and set memory sizes.

and don't use cc from ati, use radeonpro, it has more options.
don't use any overlay programs like fraps or other stuff.
disable AA and Water displacement.

i'm sure you know these things but it can't hurt to double check this stuff after a fresh install.

and last but not least, do a fresh ENB install, do not use old enbseries.ini files, copy back the settings and files later one by one if it starts.
if you do just replace the dll and put the new enbhost.exe in the directory things can go wrong badly.

Marcurios wrote:i can understand frustration, sometimes i get frustrated too, so there's no harm done.
If extra software was running and conflicting with ENB, wouldn't it affect ENB on other games too?
No, every ENB is different, the code in it and where it reacts to is different, that's why the filesizes differ, cause there's new code added and old code revised sometimes.
If you don't know programming, then let me tell you that each program is different, each new ENB version is different, so you cannot compare Skyrim enb to Fallout enb.
It would be wise to not assume that you know what the problem must be if you do not know how it works.
this means that every ENB reacts differently to your game and card.

I bought Fallout New Vegas on a disc, but i had to install it with Steam, i never got Fallout NV running, ever !
I tried everything i could think of from Fallout 3 to make it run, it Always crashed on startup.
What i did to make it run was i downloaded a cracked version and after updating to the latest version on steam
i copied the FalloutNV.exe from the cracked version over my steam exe, and that was the only way to make it start.
try that and see if you can start it up.
You can also try to set the ?2GB flag on the exe with cff explorer, if you don't know how to do that.let me know.

same for a friend of mine, he could get it to run from steam, but at a given moment he had to reinstall and the steam version did not work anymore,
after that he tried everything you can think of, never got it running till he used the cracked version.

it can also help if you install the game outside of the program files directory, windows can mess up the file permissions.

if it does run without ENB and not with ENB i would try some different drivers.
you can also try to disable most features of the memory manager in enbseries.ini to see if you can get it to run.
then one by one enable stuff again and set memory sizes.

and don't use cc from ati, use radeonpro, it has more options.
don't use any overlay programs like fraps or other stuff.
disable AA and Water displacement.

i'm sure you know these things but it can't hurt to double check this stuff after a fresh install.

and last but not least, do a fresh ENB install, do not use old enbseries.ini files, copy back the settings and files later one by one if it starts.
if you do just replace the dll and put the new enbhost.exe in the directory things can go wrong badly.
Awesome thanks for the suggestions. I have to write an essay right now, but as soon as I get a chance I'll try what you said and report back. Hopefully we can get this figured out.

Update: Ok... Tried everything here, no luck. I set everything in ENBseries regarding memory management to off, no extra software (I think, killed all extra tasks via taskmanager that I could), used older drivers (on 13.4 now, tried 13.1), checked that AA and Water displacement were off (they were), tried a clean ENB install, but I can't not use CCC. Every time I download AMD drivers CCC is automatically used to install them. I forgot to clarify earlier, the game works fine without ENB running.

I double checked and made sure that everything Fallout related is running as admin and in XP compatibility mode. Fo3.exe is already large address aware (I made it 3gb iirc).

I will get this to work, eventually.

If you don't mind, could I take a look at your ENBseries.ini? I tried forcing NVidia card (both settings) but that didn't work either.

Also, one last thought. Do you think it could be something to do with the Fallout.ini/rendererinfo.ini/falloutprefs.ini? I've looked through those and changed a couple of settings, and also replaced them with clean versions but that didn't work either.

*sensei*

I can install only drivers with AMD's driver package with the installer.
Dont set it to XP comp mode when you have the more then 2 GB flag set, XP86 can't handle that, the emulator either.

Yeah i will include a zip with my ini files, both from the game and enb.

It could definitely be something in the ini files, but usually when it is something in the game's ini files
the game will not run without enb either, so i don't think that will help if it is working without enb.

try downloading the latest DX( from microsoft and install that, maybe some other files are outdated or missing.

you have the steam version ?
try to copy the latest skidrow exe over the FalloutNV.exe and make it larg adress aware again.
also make sure you have NVSE and the stutter remover installed.
the stutter remover also has some improvements to make sure the game crashes less.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8dog80yyn4i0 ... 0files.rar

TheCapulet wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Other software do this or bad drivers/forced antialiasing
I just tested this today after seeing the new fallout enb update. Tested using 12.6, 13.8, and 13.10, upgrading each sequentially. Tested on a fresh install of Windows 7 x64, having only installed drivers and updates, steam, and new vegas.

v0.216 - Doesn't work with any driver versions. Crashes on loading screen after selecting continue on all driver versions.
v0.194 - Doesn't work with any driver versions. Crashes on loading screen after selecting continue on all driver versions.
v0.173 - Works fine with all driver versions.

Every time you respond to this issue, you push the blame off on unknown software/faulty drivers/bad settings/etc. But the evidence strongly suggests otherwise, and continuing to pretend it's an issue that doesn't exist insults our intelligence.

If you have no plans on looking into it/fixing it, tell us. You don't owe us a damn thing, and none of us are expecting anything. But ffs, be up front and honest with us about it at the very least.
I agree. None of anyones suggestion works, and people keep coming up with the same problems. If your not willing to fix the issue and just blame the user then fine, like the guy said you dont owe us anything. But its pretty clear whats going on. And should be said to anyone else with these issues your probably not going to get any help because of this.

But its not that big of a deal, ENB Series is not needed to play.

*sensei*

So if you understand that he doesn't owe you anything, why are you complaining ?

play with a older version that works.
or try with the injector, since that seemed to work with chicknwatermelon.

In the end Boris always fixes problems if it becomes really clear that the fault lies within his ENB.
But since people usually give little information to work with for him, his only logical conclusion will be that the problem lies with you.

The only thing you say is that it doesn't work, how is he supposed to figure out from that what the problem must be ?
If you bring you PC to him maybe he can find out what the problem is, otherwise, it is impossible to fix, by guessing maybe ?

Marcurios wrote:I can install only drivers with AMD's driver package with the installer.
Dont set it to XP comp mode when you have the more then 2 GB flag set, XP86 can't handle that, the emulator either.

Yeah i will include a zip with my ini files, both from the game and enb.

It could definitely be something in the ini files, but usually when it is something in the game's ini files
the game will not run without enb either, so i don't think that will help if it is working without enb.

try downloading the latest DX( from microsoft and install that, maybe some other files are outdated or missing.

you have the steam version ?
try to copy the latest skidrow exe over the FalloutNV.exe and make it larg adress aware again.
also make sure you have NVSE and the stutter remover installed.
the stutter remover also has some improvements to make sure the game crashes less.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8dog80yyn4i0 ... 0files.rar
Well I started fiddling with the ini files, changing some of my settings to the ones you use but still no luck. I disabled compatibility mode, that didn't work either.
I have already installed the lastest DX files, I reinstalled them but no dice.
I do have the steam version. My Fo3 and FNV both have script extenders and stutter remover already installed.
Thanks for all your help, I'm determined to make this work haha.

Oh and to clear things up, the injector did not work for me. The game would still freeze upon ENB being used in the game world.