ENB Crashes Fallout Games.

• Author

ENB Crashes Fallout Games.

Hello, I've been having a problem with Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. They have been crashing with ENB Series enabled, these are the only two games that do this, I have many other games that use Enb Series and don't crash, including Skyrim. No software is messing with my games either, and i have tried all versions of ENB with them, but still no luck.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB Crashes Fallout Games.

Other software do this or bad drivers/forced antialiasing

No software is on that is having any effect on it. As for for AA, I have it set to Use application Settings, since there is no actual off. And in my launcher for fallout, AA is off.
Like I said this is the only 2 games that are having problems.

ENBSeries wrote:Other software do this or bad drivers/forced antialiasing
I just tested this today after seeing the new fallout enb update. Tested using 12.6, 13.8, and 13.10, upgrading each sequentially. Tested on a fresh install of Windows 7 x64, having only installed drivers and updates, steam, and new vegas.

v0.216 - Doesn't work with any driver versions. Crashes on loading screen after selecting continue on all driver versions.
v0.194 - Doesn't work with any driver versions. Crashes on loading screen after selecting continue on all driver versions.
v0.173 - Works fine with all driver versions.

Every time you respond to this issue, you push the blame off on unknown software/faulty drivers/bad settings/etc. But the evidence strongly suggests otherwise, and continuing to pretend it's an issue that doesn't exist insults our intelligence.

If you have no plans on looking into it/fixing it, tell us. You don't owe us a damn thing, and none of us are expecting anything. But ffs, be up front and honest with us about it at the very least.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So, you are so special, that assebled code running different on your pc, right? Not funny.

*sensei*

Boris is not pushing the blame off imo, it's just hard to know everything about every game, i for one think you should configure Fallout properly.
The main problem why Fallout tends to crash a lot is that it is not optimized properly for use with more then 2 CPU cores.
to solve that problem you need to insert a line in all three of your ini files.
Fallout.ini and Falloutprefs.ini you can find them in documents/my games/falloutNV
and in Fallout_default.ini in your Fallout install dir (cause Fallout NV tends to use this file a lot after each game crash to rewrite the Falloutprefs.ini in the above mentioned directory)
you need to insert the line iNumHWThreads=2 under the [GENERAL] section all the way at the bottom of that section.

the second thing that is majorly important when you use a 64-bit OS is to make sure the FalloutNV.exe is set to be able to use more then 2gb,
that reduces crashing a lot.
there are apps that can do that like cff explorer, but the easiest way is to install the latest NVSE, it automatically patches the exe for you when it runs.

i have little crashes with these fixes, and since the latest version Boris made, the .216 version with the memory manager i played for 20 hours without 1 crash.
so the latest ENB actually makes the game extremely stable.

and let me give you a tip, portraying yourself like you do usually gets you nowhere, it only makes sure people start to dislike you.
so you actually are Lucky that someone like me tried to help you out, cause usually people will only ignore ass behaviour.
i don't think it excerts intelligence either.

@ Boris

As this is my first post, I would like to thank you for your hard work and dedication. Your creation really is amazing.

@ Marcurios

I appreciate the tips on preventing Fallout from crashing due to its game engine issues and restrictions, but I don't think it's Fallout's fault for crashing this time; the only changed variable that I can see with it working or not is ENB. I have the same issue where it works fine without ENB or with an older version of ENB, but crashes upon opening a game (loading a new game or a saved game). There is another thread started by Deavish right next to this one that has quite a few other users

That would narrow it down to a conflict between ENB and something else. Boris mentioned either drivers or an overlay of some sort, but we have tried multiple driver versions and none of them work. This is regardless of whether there is an overlay of any kind. You said you run the game fine, are you running an AMD desktop GPU?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's simple, if bug occur for everyone, then it's bug in my code. If not, it's bug on user side and user him/herself must find it and report what was that to let me try to develop workaround. PC is machine, it working by strict rules.

I can attest to this bug. Both Fo3 and FNV crash when using AMD card on startup no matter what. I've tried changing settings, reinstalling the game, different drivers, and ENB versions.

Skyrim and GTA with ENB work fine on my AMD card, so it must be a difference in coding between the other ENB's D3D9 and Fallout's D3D9.

I know it's not additional software because of games' ENB's work well, and I know it's not my settings because the Fallout ENB's work on my Nvidia card back home.

For some reason the Fallout ENB's are just not compatible with AMD cards.

Edit: this is with wrapper version. Injector version lets the game start up, but freezes as soon as the game world actually loads.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

this is with wrapper version. Injector version lets the game start up
This actually proove crapware existance.