Skyrim SE - Detailed shadows are broken

• Author

Skyrim SE - Detailed shadows are broken

Hello. I just recently updated my enbseries from 0.3xx to the latest one (0.473) and I don't know how or why. but it completely broke every single enb I have tried, which uses detailed shadows. I have tried multiple times reinstalling enbseries, modless games and the problem still doesn't go away. My character has extreme shadows when facing back at the light source, making 1st person hands + weapon pitch black. My distant mountain fogs are black and at the right angle, half of my screen flickers unnatural black planes of shadow. I literally can't continue modding/playing because this is the first of the 5 other game breaking glitches I'm troubleshooting. https://ibb.co/KFfd1m0

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE - Detailed shadows are broken

Never heard of this and don't see any reason to have such problems (except some "crapware" running), but you can delete enbcache folder, maybe it helps.

I closed all crapswares, did full clean reinstall of the game, run depatcher to get back to 1.5.97 (yes, I'm double checking all mods compability for that), installed skyui, Realm of lorkhan, and enb 0.473. All the previous bugs came back. My mods are requiring at least 0.462 so I try older versions if they solve the problem.

Well, seems like 0.465 is not distributed anymore so that's out of the question. Here is my rig if it helps in any way (2070s, 9600k, 16gb ram, skyrim installed at C: drive (m.2 ssd))

As I don't see a way to edit my posts, I post updated on separated posts. Clean install of AE edition, skyui, enb 0.473 (no other mods installed) did not solve the problem. Turning off detailed shadows fixes the super dark shadow problem, but the distant mountain fogs are still black.

Next update: Flickering and black clouds got fixed by setting volumetric fog intensity from 1 to 5 and disabling detailed shadows. Now I have to figure out why my character is made 100% black in first person view in shadows or during cloudy weather (no sunlight)

I clicked/changed every single modifier available at enb and none of them made the difference other than enable/disable enb button. I'm fairly sure that it's a bug affecting the 0.473 version. If you want a bug report:

Description: Every npc eyes are black, player's first person hands and weapons turn pitch black in the shadows (like there is 100% multiplier at casting shadows). Turning on complex particle light band-aid fixes that but it makes all mentioned before and distant fogs flicker when rotating camera.

Reproduce steps:
Download Skyrim SE or AE version
install enbseries 0.473
teleport to riverwood (coc riverwood) to check the results.
https://ibb.co/x3KT55T

One final update for today: I tested 0.473v with my gf's computer (3600x, 3060ti, 16gb ram) and everything works out of the box. I think it's something to do with my drivers/hardware/whatever. I updated my drivers but it didn't help.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As i said, delete enbcache folder.

Deleting enbcache didn't help