ENB causes CTD/Stuck on Black loading screen SOLUTION

• Author

ENB causes CTD/Stuck on Black loading screen SOLUTION

While writing a plea for help I discovered the solution so I will post that here incase anyone else is having similar issues. LComments after the solution will be marked with *()

So about hour 48 on this one and I'm really scratching my head.

I get to the prompt where it says “ENBSERIES Compiling shaders, please wait” then it will crash.

I’ve tried

*Fresh download
*Disabling all overlays
*BethINI
*Direct X update/Direct X June 2010 dl *(these updates were done on the same SDD as my OS, I believe downloading these on the SDD I'm running SKSE64 was the solution)
*Made sure shader caching was enabled
*Running the injector (Either I don't undetand how to use this or it just doesn't work)
*Intalling ENB Unwrapped to vortex instead of straight to the same directory as the data folder *(Did not do anything probably better off with unwrapped files)
*Making sure Skyrim is allowed in firewall settings
*copy and pasteing d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll from your System32 folder into your Skyrim folder
*turning off antivirus and trying to run enb

It only crashes when the ENB is installed and even with all mods disabled no luck. Any help would be very appreciated! *(I hope this will help someone else!)

*Installed crash fixes and skse plugin preloader, bug fixes. *(This may also be part of the solution)

Maybe it's because I'm running everything on a different SSD then the Operating system? I dont know if that would change anything though... *(This was the moment it clicked LOL)

+Interestingly downloading directXJune to my SSD thats running skyrim gets me past the please wait prompt but freezes on the black screen *(Any change at that point was a step in the right direction)

++downloading DXWEBSETUP.exe into the same SDD lets the game run!!!!

Here are my specs
nvidia geforce gtx 1060 3gb || intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700 cpu @ 3.60ghz 3.60 ghz

Re: ENB causes CTD/Stuck on Black loading screen SOLUTION

I'm in the process of figuring out the same/similar problem in Fallout 4, with ENB installed in getting infinite loading screens when entering a building (I left one loading overnight and it was still black loading screen in the morning!).
My games are on my OS SSD (not in 'program files'), searching Google has drawn a blank, if I find a fix for my case I'll post in this thread as it's the first about the same issue I've found so others might find it too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB causes CTD/Stuck on Black loading screen SOLUTION

Bethesda games have problems when frame rate at loading is bigger or lower much than 30 fps, but as i remember it's not a case for fallout 4. So if it's not a driver bug, then you need to try set ForceVideoMemorySize=false in the enblocal.ini. If it's already false set and EnableFPSLimit=false, then no idea (except generic solutions like it's caused by driver, crapware, antivirus, so on). Of course some skse (f4se?) plugins or something else like that could be a culprit, but i never heard of this.