Issue with D3D11 and game instantly crashing upon startup

• Author

Issue with D3D11 and game instantly crashing upon startup

I am having an issue with running the game with ENB through Mod Organizer 2. I have directx 12 but I get an error when attempting to extract d3d11.dll. I did manage to get D3d11 at one point and when I put it in my directory and I run the game through F4SE the game crashes almost immediately with out even the game starting. I am downloading version.455 of the ENB binarys and I have a rtx 3070 with windows 10. I am pretty sure i disabled the steam and GeForce overlays so I am not sure what other steps I should take. I have used ENB in the past but don't recall having this issue ever. I also pulled D3D11 out of the directory and tried starting the game and it did boot up this way. Also, Fallout 4 will not start up utilizing Fallout4.exe if D3D11 is in its directory.

Pleas let me know what other information I can provide and would be happy to do so.

Thank you

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Issue with D3D11 and game instantly crashing upon startup

Maybe you didn't install the mod completely? Just d3d11.dll is not enough. In 99% crashes means some other software conflict as it hooks in to the games. Can't suggest anything else.

I copied the entire wrapper version into my FO4 directory. the D3DLL is the file that seems to give me the trouble though

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe you have keyboard with shiny leds or some other input device which install services for games? If so, terminate them or uninstall.

I'm currently having the same issue with Fallout 4. I just upgraded to a new laptop. R9 5900HX/Radeon iGPU/RTX3070

Since I can select either GPU to launch I tested it. The Radeon iGPU launches and works great but I only get 10FPS. The same setup with the mobile 3070 crashes instantly. Nvidia driver version 471.41

Disabling your ENB allows the game to launch on the switchable Nvidia GPU, so please look into a fix if you can. Your software has features that are essential to me and they are greatly appreciated. I've also tried other versions of it with the same result. The oldest available Nvidia drivers also make no difference version 457.

All Xbox game bar and related services entirely disabled. All other games and vanilla fallout 4 work perfectly on the switchable Nvidia graphics.

As far as I can tell, it is incompatible with current Nvidia drivers, or possibly just the mobile GPUs exclusively.

I will check back in a few days to see if you request any new information from me. I am happy to provide information or help troubleshoot.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't fix anything, don't have hardware like yours for testing and the chance i can do something if it's compatibility problem is almost zero. People use latest drivers and totally fine, so the problem is in software you have installed most likely, including services.

ENBSeries wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 15:19 Maybe you have keyboard with shiny leds or some other input device which install services for games? If so, terminate them or uninstall.
How could I tell what overlays are on or how could I find out what’s hooking into the game to cause it to crash?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I cant answer this, because it is not mine computer and only you know what is installed and running on background. Maybe just try terminate everything which is not native windows?