Skyrim SE - ENB CTD

• Author

Skyrim SE - ENB CTD

Hello, I'm very new to the modding community & lately I've been trying to put the finishing touches on Skyrim with an ENB preset.
Preset - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ?tab=files
However, I crash every time I try to start a new save for testing. I've noticed that I also crash whenever it starts to rain as well (I have True Storms installed). I've read through the Reddit forums for a solution. I've tried disabling textures and cleaning the scripts on my saves. I disabled crapware (Steam/Nvidia overlay) & there was no difference in crashing occurred when I tested this. Aside from the GPU usage for textures which remained at 90-100% with and without high res textures and the VRAM usage fluctuated from 58% (without high res textures) to 72% (with high res textures). So I uninstalled the ENB and preset and decided to try and reinstall them again.

I watched this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOQ4jGjtbbU&t=144s) and followed their instructions and even copied their settings. I even installed Reshade and this time the longest I went without a crash was for 10 seconds which involved me walking around. But I'm still crashing even if I stand still in an area I'll crash within 8-10 seconds. Please help me I don't know what I'm doing. I apologize if I'm in the wrong topic section.

Specs
ENB - v0.452
GPU - RTX 2080 Ti / CPU i9-7980XE / RAM - 64GB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE - ENB CTD

Well - first try whether the game crashes without ENB (rename d3d11.dll to d3d11.dll_ for example).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE - ENB CTD

If it's not "crapware", then the only reason i can imagine is hardware problem or driver bug. As for hardware issue, simplest way to test is turn off fps limiter to some low value (like 20 fps) and with tools like Afterburner reduce frequency of gpu and vram by 10-20% and keep monitoring it to be sure autoboost do not hit the top. Ram/cpu can also be a reason, but that's much more rare scenario, even errors on hard drive way more popular reason. Try also to run game without skse, just vanilla one with my mod (and no ReShade). Another thing, if you had before AMD videocard it may be the reason, had several times myself such problem, AMD driver do something wrong so after if install NVidia card, it start to bring glitches and crash games which have heavy graphics, i failed to find what is wrong, so the only solution for me was to install clean OS, driver remover tools didn't help. But that was long ago, don't know if still the same. Installing old video driver also can help. Disabling or uninstalling services for Razer, Logitek input devices with all their blinking leds, people often think they are harmless.