ENB makes skyrim not respond

• Author

ENB makes skyrim not respond

Hello,
I am not sure if NVidia is the right board to post in. I only assumed because I have an NVidia card this is where I was to fit in. If not I apologize, and please point me to the proper board.

I am running TES5 on my windows 10 machine, and I am attempting to use the "Tetrachromatic ENB"
Link here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7 ... escription

I am following the instructions given in the description of the mod.
But for some reason whenever I add the ENB to my files, Skyrim will just go to a black screen, with a small dialogue box in the top left, which is also all black. And will spin until I move to a different monitor and kill the process. If I delete the ENB files, Skyrim will launch just fine.

I attempted with ENB Binaries v0.444 as well as v0.292, just to see if that would make a difference, and it did not.

After doing a quick search, I found a fix that worked for most folks which involved reinstalling the June 2010 DirectX End-User Runtimes. This also unfortunately, did not work for me.

I ended up finding a checklist on the nexus forums, which I followed extremely carefully. None of the steps listed helped. Link Here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... ry56131491

This is actually the first time I have ever installed an ENB, so I feel as though I am missing something.
Something possibly painfully obvious, that will haunt me in the future for overlooking.

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB makes skyrim not respond

It usually takes just 7 seconds, but for some people much more. If you waited long enough, then some application blocking it and there are tons. Search "crapware" on this forum to know their names. Basically everything which modify keys of the games, put some texts to the screen, etc.