Fallout 4 - Automatron - Ada Door a hole into the Void

• Author

Fallout 4 - Automatron - Ada Door a hole into the Void

At this point I'm thinking it's a setting or a lighting issue, hopefully someone here can help with that. So let's start from the beginning.

My Load Order (original , some mods have been removed)

https://pastebin.com/s8xcQLep

Been playing Automatron and up to the point were you put the MSat unit into Ada and raid Robco and the base under it. So I fast travel to Robco, enter the front door, loot the place, go downstairs and there is this huge gaping hole where the door should be. The CK calls it a garage door, or, was until it CTD. Let's see. It still has collision. You can sort of see the doors, like the outlines and stuff. It's directional. If I have Ada open it, if I stand in the tunnel looking out toward Robco it looks fine. Only Robco looking in is it a mess. That mess changes depending if I am looking straight on or different angles. I've uninstalled (right click in NMM, Uninstall, From all Profiles) Texture Optimization Project 1.9 (the texture pack), Uninstalled Better LOD. Uninstalled AE DC Guard Outfit Override. Uninstalled This is Trash. Uninstalled Spring Cleaning. Uninstalled Vivid Waters. Uninstalled Legendary Lamps. Uninstalled Pipboy Flashlight. Lastly I renamed D3D11.dll , D3DCompiler_46e, and DXGI.dll to add .bak to disable my ENB entirely. Each time I'd load up a save that put me at a point I haven't entered Robco so each time should have been a cell load. And nothing. I am sitting there with this huge ugly hole were a door should be.

That's all the mods I am aware can cause issues (Like Spring Cleaning), and change the lighting and shadows. Anyone have any ideas? HeyYou on the Nexus has been helping but, nothing, and I am out of ideas. :( I've been playing just fine, completed the main quest with the BoS, no issues, only here at RobCo so far. And all the doors to boot. If I move on up the next security door is the same.

https://imgur.com/a/wgWzqsu
Last edited by llloyd4 on 11 Jan 2020, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 - Automatron - Ada Door a hole into the Void

Skyrim have some objects which are rendered to depth only (which looks like your case, because of dark area which depth still produce) and on the contrary, doors which not drawed to depth but to color only. Mindflux fixed in particle patch. You can try to check this thing by visualizing depth in shaders, for example in enbeffect.fx:

Code: Select all

float tdepth=TextureDepth.Sample(Sampler0, IN.txcoord0.xy).x;
res.xyz=frac(tdepth*100.0);
put these lines before

return res;
and you will see gray with lines depth, if door have some locks which you can't see and unlock, then they most likely will be visualized and let you continue the game (if it's the problem).

Fallout 4, not Skyrim. :D But, ok, so nothing to worry about and no real fix is what I understand? In the 1000s of hours I can't recall these doors being broken. O.o But I'll give the line thing a whirl to see what it does. Thanks.:D

Update : The 'tdepth=' line you said to find doesn't exist in enbeffect.fx O.o Should I add it somewhere?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Need to add two lines which i wrote

ENBSeries wrote:Need to add two lines which i wrote
Well, three, no?

return res;

And put it anywhere in enbeffect.fx ? Or does it need to be in someplace special?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh gosh. Okay, another way to explain. Here what enbeffect.fx have originally:

res.xyz=saturate(color);
	res.w=1.0;
	return res;
}
And this what must be there now:

res.xyz=saturate(color);
	res.w=1.0;
	return res;
}

Ah ha, success ? I think. Apologies. I am not a programmer, doing the best I can. But I got that working I think but the world went completely wonky. Let me see... Hope the attachment works. O.o

https://imgur.com/ZCx0Ey8

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, this is how things should looks like. So door is not "visible" with such trick? Then must be something else, not depth only write.

ENBSeries wrote:Yes, this is how things should looks like. So door is not "visible" with such trick? Then must be something else, not depth only write.
Ok? So what next?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nothing. I had only this solution if door is rendered to depth and then you could find what to press on it or something like that. If it's not, then no ideas how to help.