Skyrim SE: FPS drops from 60 to 15-20 then goes back up.

• Author

Skyrim SE: FPS drops from 60 to 15-20 then goes back up.

Just redownloaded SE and installed Rudy ENB with Rustic Weathers, using ENB v0.401. What happens is my game will be running 60-50 FPS and then it'll suddenly drop down to 15-20 FPS for a second or two and then go back up to 60-50 FPS. This happens after a few minutes of playing, anywhere between 5-10 minutes, and happens more often as time goes by. This only happens in exteriors. I tested it with a completely vanilla Skyrim, except for the requirements for the ENB, and it still occurs. I've updated my drivers, reinstalled my video card driver, optimized both Skyrim and ENBlocal INIs using bethini and S.T.E.P. I thought perhaps it was an issue with my video card so I tested Battlefront 2, Jedi Fallen Order, ESO, and Black Desert Online, all on the highest settings, playing each game for an hour and the problem didn't occur in any of those games. I also tested oldrim to see if maybe it was an issue with SE but the same problem occurred there, using Rudy ENB with Climates of Tamriel, using the latest version of ENB (v0.400 as of writing). I've tried disabling Vsync and reverted to an older version of ENB but the problem still persists. When I last played SE, around August 2019, SE ran perfectly fine using the same ENB and mod list. The problem does not occur if I remove the ENB.

I can post my INIs if needed.

Any help in finding a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
System Model: Predator PH315-51
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8570h CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Disk drives: INTEL SSDPEKKW256G8 & Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SE: FPS drops from 60 to 15-20 then goes back up.

No idea, except crapware on your machine. Things like geforce experience and other trash which hooks in to game. Mod itself can't do this, even if it would have memory leaks or something like that, performance would drop for short time and then game would crash or freeze. Also keep in mind that game had several patches from Bethesda and they may do something bad, at least i see in Fallout4 no longer able to run quickly, game always stop for several seconds to upload new cells every 100-200 meters, while before i was surprised it was possible.