Can't load Skyrim Legendary

• Author

Can't load Skyrim Legendary

Ok. I last played Skyrim in August of 2018. I fired up NMM last night, checked, everything looked to be unchanged. I fired up Wrye Bash (recently started to use it) and made a Bash Patch. Tried to run it from Wrye Bash and no luck. I tried running it from NMM and I get the following error

"The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll"

If Google is to be believed it's trying to find something from DXGI.dll in D3D11.dll and renaming DXGI.dll to D3D11.dll will fix it but that effectively disables the ENB. How do I fix this so I keep the ENB? I have downloaded enbseries_skyrim_v0392 and extracted the d3d9.dll and enboost.exe files (not the fx or ini files since I don't want to change my settings.) and no luck. This is *not* the SSE version, but the older version, with all the official DLCs.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Can't load Skyrim Legendary

Skyrim LE is dx9 game and do not use d3d11.dll or dxgi.dll, so if you have such error, it means something else hooked in to the game. So if you have those dx11 libraries in game folder - delete them.

Ok, figured it out, haven't actually fixed it yet, but I made a post over on the SweetFX thread on 3dGuru.com as it's SweetFX that's doing it, even after updating it to the last non Reshade version I could find. Reshade only uses d3d9.dll not d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll like SweetFX. And I am unsure how to convert a SweetFX preset to Reshade. So I posted over there, it's a SweetFX problem. Thank you.

Boris' answer is correct. Delete dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll if you have them.

SweetFX doesn't "use d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll". It uses one or the other - d3d9.dll for DirectX 9 and dxgi.dll for DirectX 10/11. See the SweetFX readme.

What you read about renaming dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll is a myth. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, depending on the system. Deleting it is correct, and it doesn't disable SweetFX or ENB on Skyrim LE.