Nvidia RTX (Ray-Tracing) in ENB?

• Author
*sensei*

Re: Nvidia RTX (Ray-Tracing) in ENB?

Netrve
Ouuuuhhhh the baby is upset, what's wrong does your tummy hurt? Maybe you need a time out in the corner to calm down.

*master*

What? Lol dude, just stop...

*sensei*

Why do you find me annoying and what i am writing unnecessary that doesn't do any good or help anyone besides fueling my daily intake of hate gratification? HHhhhhmmmmmmm ;)

LucidAPs wrote:Netrve
Ouuuuhhhh the baby is upset, what's wrong does your tummy hurt? Maybe you need a time out in the corner to calm down.
Not quite sure what you intend to say with this, but whatever it is it tends to make you look worse than it does me. But if you genuinely want to know if I'm well, then yes I am. Thank you for asking.

To address your other possible concerns, you tried to make a joke which looked like a jab at Marty's work, so I questioned if you are the right person to bring such joke up, as it came off as entitled. If I was wrong, I beg to excuse this misinterpretation.

A bit off from the topic at hand, I already critiqued your work 2 years ago and gave a solid example on why it wasn't good (the same mesh at 3000 polygons, or in other terms 1/10th of your work, already looked just as good as yours). But you don't seem to have ever improved upon it and, as sad as it is, this seems to also apply to you as a person based on your response to me.

But if you want to discuss this matter further, feel free to message me directly. We wouldn't want to clutter this thread with more junk.

*sensei*

Netrve
You are forgiven, as far as i can tell you are not the joke police so what is your excuse for attacking me exactly? Because i ignored you three years ago? Also i don't mind that you don't like my work but why bring it up with hostility and intend to attack me that doesn't seem helpful or genuine trying to do any good and you calling me entitled? You don't seem to understand what it means.
Cheers :)

Edit: You also joined the site just to tell Boris off and attack me, and now you care about cluttering the thread?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Marty McFly
First of all, because i know you or anybody else gonna dig in to shaders, there is no point to do anything complicated and unique, i even dropped implementing volumetric clouds cause i rather make them in my own game first.
Second, i barely remember your suggestions about interleaving and what did i say about this, but i do remember what kind of interleaving is bullshit and what is written in nvidia papers is not what i have done, plus interleaving produce unfixable errors when sampling at low ranges or with noisy things like grass, increase range was pointless for me, cause i hate false occlusions of screen space. There is nothing to be proud of that mighty Marty suggested me to do something. Even if this would be useful and i listened to you, so what? Thanks, that's all.
Third, noise levels unable to be compared, because i compute ao/il using per pixel normals, but you generate normals from depth, it's totally different level and if you try to use normals too (from g-buffer), all your stuff will be fucked up quickly.
Last, what Unigine developers called doesn't matter for me, they are just some programmers, not perfect gods (and most programmers sucks, im not perfect too), also "raytracing" is not the same as "ray traced". You may call your algorithm as raytracing, but it will not be (and i dont even need to look in to ReShade to say that). And i'm very pissed off when someone come here to tell me that i sucks because refuse to do raytracing, but ReShade have it. Yes, i can't make raytracing, because for me it means i need to use Cuda, RTX or any other api which do not fit dx11 and especially dx9 games. And you can't do it too, period.
It doesnt matter for me what you are doing, we are not competitors and i don't bother to spy on ReShade code, because can do everything myself pretty fine. But if somebody try to step to my area, then be prepared that i gonna protect my work, unless it bad.
Finally, look at work of this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPFvcsQAKjc is your look the same?

Netrve
Im proud to be called any bad words, because to be honest and straight-forward is what most people cant do in this life. I dont care is it movie star, president or just a bum, they are all the same to me and as long someone is good, i treat him/her good, if i don't like something - say it out. If someone have problems with this, it's their own issues, i'm not born to satisfy everybody and to be sweet baby. But you are not allowed to tell bullshit about my users here, so stop that or you will be banned.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I did compare the noise levels in Unity, using per pixel normals, because I was curious how the AO would perform on them since you mentioned this earlier. Ray tracing in any game is possible, Peter Georgievsky did it on GTASA. True RT, with BVH traversal and so on. I remember the last time you were extremely pissed about ReShade using code of yours (which I disproved) so you definitely saw ReShade as competition at that time, you told me "If you are making best pizza in your shop, will you share to others how to cook it, to let other people go there and not to your store?". Other pizza shops are competition.
Lastly, I saw the work of this guy and it's objectively better than anything I did (see my comment on YouTube, I was curious about how it worked) and also faster. Do you have any idea? He showed me some progress screenshots but the sample offsets made no sense, except if you know where the light position is.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I didn't look in to the ReShade code, it's user reported me and i remember early ReShade and SweetFX even had the same variable's names which ENBSeries have. There is nothing there i can't do myself and i'm typical programmer who do everything on my own without looking in to something else, because it's fun to code things. Also if it's about competition, i am totally fine to remove proxy compatibility and do various checks to exclude wrappers, compliers and hooks to them to make it painful to see shader code. But nobody will be happy from this. I decided to go for exclusive modding only to not bother with competition of any kind.
Did you read this topic name? It is about raytracing, the real one and i gave an answer already and not gonna change my opinion about it.
Post comparison screenshots with setting used of your ao and mine on same scene with normals from gbuffer (and it have to be something bumpy, like skyrim ground), default intensity and my fitlers applied to my code and your filter applied to your code, that's the only good way to compare things. Also it must be sampled without mipmaps, which generate errors for grass/trees.
That global illumination on video is ffrom gamedev.ru forum, Suslik user there sometime doing some interesting researches. Can't find his topic now which try to describe the process, he just had first paper there published with not much info. As i remember, it's temporal computation used, so gi is delayed and performance is playable. Folks there tried to understand what he is doing and bring various ideas, was fun to read. Strange i can't see that topic any more, probably deleted, had many pages. For me it looks like he have few other cameras to get more data from scene and reduce length of tracing in per camera screen spac, so it's like computing ssil in different spaces. Don't know if he is generating voxels when drawing geometry, also can be a solution, but then it's just something like voxel cone tracing mixed with screen space techniques to increase details where needed. I tried using voxels in skyrim, but with their resolution limit there is no benefit for characters (no correct occlusion for neck, fingers and other tiny things), while noise on grass totally disappear, that's why i suspect it's mixed texchnique with something else.

certainly boris and the oldest and most professional you here marty that you're studying or not we do not really care it's a forum for enb series not to spread that life ray tracing does not exist in reshade a point is all its for nothing to force are esteemed to believe

a great man said by force to say the same lie we ended up believing that it is a truth !!

RESHADE NO RAY TRACING MY OPINION SHADER RT = ambient light 2.0 + mxao

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You really suck up to everyone, right? You sent me this a week ago:

@Boris: that's a pic the guy sent me, does that give you any clues? I don't see any pattern distribution that would produce image #2 from #1 except a spiral sampling centered on the light somehow, also I don't see how he would be masking it by the light accessibility.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lk18R9 ... 1Kiaq/view