When I use the enb for Oldrim my pc crashes, literally

• Author

When I use the enb for Oldrim my pc crashes, literally

This only happens when i use an enb, specifically the version 319, im not using any graphical enhancers.
When I run Skyrim it launches normally, but after the message from the top left corner disappears my video card (I think) starts to make a horrible sound, and it only happens with skyrim with enb activated.

* I have followed the S.T.E.P. guides to the letter, and still happens, and well, here i am, looking for help. :?

My specs are:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
RAM 16 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit

I dont know what information is needed, so I guess im going to wait for an answer haha.

Thanks in advance

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: When I use the enb for Oldrim my pc crashes, literally

As usual, its bad drivers or crapware running (search on this forum what is crapware).

ENBSeries wrote:As usual, its bad drivers or crapware running (search on this forum what is crapware).
Thanks for the quick reply.

I checked if my pc for crapware with "PC decrapifier" and it appears to be clean.

On the bad drivers side, how can I check if i have a bad driver or something?

Again, thank you for your quick answer.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There are no tools which search for crapware, only you can do this manually. Its all softare which can hook in to game process, there are lot of such shit these days and users install it blindlessly. Even NVidia Game Experience is that type of thing and some trash from Win10 too.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I check my drivers and they seem updated. (Im not sure if thats what you meant when you said bad drivers)

About the crapware, the ones that appear when I search in the forum are, steam (overlay), nvidia game experience, not installing directx runtime standalone or a bad antivirus. Im going to try getting rid of those things and hope for the best.

Have you met someone whose computer is turned off when they use the enb? haha, because I can literally hear my video card dying and it hurts my soul.

Thanks again.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I heard this happened and its always because of same reasons. When its bad videocard (semi-dead, especially after mining), then this happen only after some time passed when mod overheats some of its components (and usually temperature sensor cant detect this). But what you described means it's some other software messing around. There are too many crapware now, even logitek/razer input background services do this.