GTA IV ENB help!

• Author

GTA IV ENB help!

Hello!

So I've been trying to install an ENB (NVIDIA ENB 3.0) to GTA IV for a few days now with no results, as the game simply refuses to launch. After trying many different things, such as patching the game to 1.0.4.0 (from 1.0.7.0), completely uninstalling and reinstalling GTA, deleting and replacing various files within the game's directory (I have been using backups each time I change the files), updating my drivers, updating DirectX, and so on. I've narrowed the culprit down to d3d9.dll, the main file for the ENB. If I delete this file, the game launches successfully with or without mods on any version. But with it, the game simply refuses to launch, not even coming up on Task Manager.

Some time before, I was able to use Reshade, which also uses d3d9.dll, with no problems. However since I tried installing the ENB neither the ENB or Reshade want to work.

I really want this to work, but I just can't seem to fix the problem. If anyone is willing to help, I can attempt to provide more information and I appreciate it.

Thanks! :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTA IV ENB help!

It sounds silly from me, but you should ask on gtaforums, they know such things better. I abandoned this mod long time ago and dont know even how to downgrade game and what kind of problems could be.

Re: GTA IV ENB help!

I'll see if the folks over at the GTA Forums can help me then.

Thanks anyways!