[SOLVED] D3d9.dll & 0xc00007b error

• Author

[SOLVED] D3d9.dll & 0xc00007b error

Hello ENB-community.

After finally upgrading my gaming rig with a new graphics card, processer, CPU, Cooler and SSD-disk, i decided that i wanted to return to the awesome world of skyrim with mods.
I own both the SE edition or the ordinary one with all the DLC, yet I really want to play the ordinary version of Skyrim, since it has a lot more mods.

So, I installed the games as usual, started off with a few mods and things were going great - and then I got to the ENB. Suddenly I got into complications with DirectX and more specifically, the d3d9.dll file. I have no problem with running the game without the d3d9.dll file located in the Skyrim directory, but once I add this file, in order to use the ENB, I get error code: 0xc00007b and Skyrim then won't launch.

I've really tried a bunch of stuff - Most people suggest reinstalling "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)" from (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109), yet this didn't fix my issue. Tried a bunch of other stuff aswell, yet nothing seems to work. :(

So now I'm posting this, in vague hope, that someone has a way to fix this issue for me.

Just some basic info about what I'm using:

- Windows 10 Pro N
- GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
- ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
- 32 GB Ram

I'd appreciate any help/suggestions to how I could fix this issue.
Last edited by Montydk on 01 Jul 2018, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: D3d9.dll & 0xc00007b error

There are lot of crapware which can do this, antiviruses too. I cant really tell, win10 itself also contain things which can cause bugs (xbox something, game explorer). You must at least destroy nvidia game experience and search here "crapware" to see more things listed.

Hey - Thanks for your reply.

I had both Nvidia Experience and something called Xbox Gaming Overlay installed - I managed to remove both - and for good measure, tried re-running the directx 2010 runtime installer - Yet I still got the same error. :(

I can't find anything else on my system that might be considered "crapware" and I don't have any anti-virus besides what comes with Windows 10. When I try to run pre-setup, it still tells me, directx 2010 isn't installed. :/

Hey - I managed to fix the issue.

In short, I think the problem was related to my Windows-folder and it's DLL's.
I tried reinstalling an alternate version of Windows 10 and then then I could start Skyrim without any issues.

Hope this helpes anyone else that encounters this annoying issue.