Post Nvidia update - SUPER low FPS & monitor/screen glitches

• Author

Post Nvidia update - SUPER low FPS & monitor/screen glitches

Hello,

As the title states, I am getting this strange glitch which I haven't had before on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition. Haven't had ANY issues with ENBs actually, until now. This came right after I installed the newest Nvidia driver on GeForce Experience. I have a very high-end computer that runs games on top quality with ease, as was this game until now... I've provided a link to the graphical glitch below. On top of the glitch, if I load into my game, my FPS is dropping somewhere between 15-23 FPS. Previously, before any of this happened, I was reaching the 60 FPS limit consistently on the Intrigued ENB by firemanaf without barely a 1-2 FPS drop. It was running SO smoothly. Don't know what happened, but I really need a fix to this. Not sure where to start. I did notice a new ENB Binary was released, I installed that, but still, it didn't seem to help the glitch and major FPS drop. Please help!

Thank you,
Cheers,

WGPearman

Link 1: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1462203529
Link 2: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1462203630
Link 3 (shows the FPS drop in top left corner): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1462147071

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Post Nvidia update - SUPER low FPS & monitor/screen glit

Delete drivers and install clean version of them, without game experience, telemetry and other crap. There are guides which folders from unpacked drivers are useful and which just trash. Also installing latest drivers is simply bad idea. If there are bugs, then it worth to try. No bugs - dont touch.

ENBSeries wrote:Delete drivers and install clean version of them, without game experience, telemetry and other crap. There are guides which folders from unpacked drivers are useful and which just trash. Also installing latest drivers is simply bad idea. If there are bugs, then it worth to try. No bugs - dont touch.
Thanks for the reply. Is there someway I can go about installing a clean version without the GeForce Experience? I'm not really familiar with that. Or, is there by chance a way I can revert back to the old version? Seriously, thanks for the help!

Cheers,

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

First, you must uninstall nvidia drivers entirely via control panel. Then start installator, but after it starts and show you first menu with buttons "next" and "cancel" (or what are they), close it and go to the folder where it's unpacked, usually something like c:\nvidia\... then delete from there all, but these from screenshot. And after deleting run setup.exe.

PS: if you are using audio from videocard, then there is a folder, dont remember it's name, but it's obvious, dont delete it.

Thanks again for the reply back.

Beside the driver not working, which I was able to revert back to the old driver thankfully, firemanaf helped me figure out that the whole issue was caused by the mod Majestic Mountains and its sun direction change.

Problem solved.

Thank you!