VideoMemorySizeMb= with 11GB Vram?

• Author

VideoMemorySizeMb= with 11GB Vram?

Hi, n00b question, what number do I need to put after VideoMemorySizeMb= if I have 11GB VRAM and 16GB System Memory for Oldrim?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: VideoMemorySizeMb= with 11GB Vram?

1024 X 11 = 11264 or if 16GB = 16384

Flickr Gallery

Well...I have 2160p IPS, GTX 1070 8GB, and 16GB DDR3 2400. In my experience it depended greatly upon uGrids, and tree and grass ini settings.

Mine was uGrids 9 and pretty heavy on trees and grass.

I started off having texture compression off and automatically detect on with a blank for amount so that the ENB automatically detects all available memory. Got the best screens this way. But with certain heavy ENBs like Rampage, I was getting stutter and lag. So I used Skyrim Performance Monitor to measure vram usage. Because I run a ton of 4K and some pretty heavy DynDOLOD settings, my exterior cells were using over 8GB. When that happens and it starts using RAM...no matter how fast it is, it will still be much slower than vram, stutter and lag. Interior cells were fine, gravy.

So I tried switching to 8022, which is 8192 - 170 (Win7 Ult 64) but was not as happy with the results. So this is what I ended up doing:

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

If you are not running out of vram then you will not need EnableCompression=true.

Hope that helps! :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nope. Compression is happen in system memory at cost of performance. So every texture is compressed in about 1.5 times by size before getting stored in enbhost process.

ENBSeries wrote:Nope. Compression is happen in system memory at cost of performance. So every texture is compressed in about 1.5 times by size before getting stored in enbhost process.
I was going by this:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory

So if I'm running out of vram it is better to have EnableCompression=false?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Any guides are not made by me, only few times people gathered information from my words, but i never checked what they wrote. EnableCompression do not help at all if you have out of vram issue, it is only if you dont have enough ram + swap file size to keep textures there. Game without enboost store them in own process virtual address space, but with enboost, this data is sent to enbhost(s), so when EnableCompression=true, the data in enbhost(s) is in average 1.5 times smaller. People who have 4-8 gb ram and texture packs installed, should enable compression, so it helps a bit to not lose performance when using swap file. If you have 16gb or ram, then you must have a lot of texture packs installed of 4k size to worth enable compression.

ENBSeries wrote:Any guides are not made by me, only few times people gathered information from my words, but i never checked what they wrote. EnableCompression do not help at all if you have out of vram issue, it is only if you dont have enough ram + swap file size to keep textures there. Game without enboost store them in own process virtual address space, but with enboost, this data is sent to enbhost(s), so when EnableCompression=true, the data in enbhost(s) is in average 1.5 times smaller. People who have 4-8 gb ram and texture packs installed, should enable compression, so it helps a bit to not lose performance when using swap file. If you have 16gb or ram, then you must have a lot of texture packs installed of 4k size to worth enable compression.
Okay thank you for that information. I do use an insane amount of 4K though.

Going to be giving SE another shot. 2160p Skyrim LE is like a balancing act! :P

Just wish SE had parallax somehow.

My system is a i7 6700k, 32 MB ddr4 ram, gtx 1070 8 GB vram (waiting to find a second hand 1080Ti for a good price non miner card)
Running windows 10 x64 on 2 nvme x4 ssd's.
So speedwise nothing else matches really for gaming, in many benchmarks my system scores above a 7700k in general.

The reason for my post is that i forgot, how i have to set the graphic settings for the card to run optimal
My screen is a Dell 2160x1440 - 30 inch at 59 Hz. Ofcourse the screen is not 4K but untill now i have not found a replacement which would improve my experience at a nice price.
So i am still happy with this good dell monitor
I have been also struggling to find the best setting for the ini files, but this far have not solved it really

What do you guys suggest i set for the game at in the graphics section, currently it auto sets it at taa and ultra on everything.
And do you guys have any tips on the ini side for Skyrim SE