Skyrim ENB on 1000 Series Cards

• Author

Skyrim ENB on 1000 Series Cards

I've just had to deal with an issue where the latest driver (378.49) completely broke Skyrim's/ENB's Vsync, created flashing on the map and loading screens. (The flashing had something to do with ENB because once i disabled effects it had stopped)
I've currently downgraded to 376.33 and most of those problems have been sorted out, but Vsync is still a little off. The frame rate will hang around 62-65, sometimes bounce to 70, 90 and occasionally over 100.

Is there anything that can be done on ENB's side or is this something completely on Nvidea and I have to somehow send this off to them? (A point in the direction of the best way to do this would be appreciated).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim ENB on 1000 Series Cards

Sorry, but it's strange even to think that problem is in the mod if all previous versions of driver were fine. Bug must be fixed by those who made it, not to invent workaround.

ENBSeries wrote:Sorry, but it's strange even to think that problem is in the mod if all previous versions of driver were fine. Bug must be fixed by those who made it, not to invent workaround.
I get where you're coming from and in this case I can agree in the short term that it's a Nvidea problem.
But for the most part as far as development goes, shouldn't both the developers of the drivers and the developers of software reliant on those drivers attempt to develop at an equal pace rather than one saying "I'm staying where I am, you can go off in that direction for all I care".

So I'm sorry, but I don't feel the question I asked is strange in the slightest. Especially if Nvidea has no plans to go back in future updates to "what works", as the changes they've made are instrumental to something else.

And as I said in my first post, previous versions are not "fine" there are still issues, so clearly there's something more underlying than just a botched driver update.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I realize this comment is a little late, but I just wanted to say that I, with GTX 1060 and latest drivers, have no similar problem. No idea what the issue is, but probably something on the user's end.

*master*

I have a GTX1080 and have no issues either, so I think you may have something else going on.

Jafin16 wrote:I realize this comment is a little late, but I just wanted to say that I, with GTX 1060 and latest drivers, have no similar problem. No idea what the issue is, but probably something on the user's end.
Well as much as I wish you were right, it is definitely a Nvidea driver and ENB issue.
Others on different forums reported the same problem with the same drivers and also had to revert their drivers.

It may just be an issue with the higher 1000 series cards, as I'm pretty sure the 1060 uses a different chip.
Last edited by Yuuen on 15 Feb 2017, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

ibbanez wrote:I have a GTX1080 and have no issues either, so I think you may have something else going on.

Well as much as I wish you were right, it is definitely a Nvidea driver and ENB issue.
Others on different forums reported the same problem with the same drivers and also had to revert their drivers.

So no, it isn't something else.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Graphic chip do not affect anything, it's all about drivers problems.

Hello. Players from me group in VK found solution for this problem: just need set flag WaitBusyRenderer. I no have idea why this helps and how this connected with NVIDIA drivers, but it is so.

Very newest drivers are fine, even with SLI, now.