SSE ENB only partially working

• Author

SSE ENB only partially working

I just came back to Skyrim, and now playing the special edition. However any ENB (presets from SSE Nexus) doesn't seem to work with SSE (I know that in the regular Skyrim edition, it works perfectly but I have not tried it since I came back). It shows that the ENB is loaded with the watermark at the top left when I start the game, but it appears to have absolutely no effects other than DoF. I renamed my d3d11.dll to d3d11.dll.old and there are no visual differences other than DoF being disabled. Reshade presets are working perfectly fine however. I am on a GTX 1070. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: SSE ENB only partially working

ENB for Skyrim SE is only in early development, and has about 2% of the features available in ENB for 'old' Skyrim'. No ENB presets for old Skyrim are compatible with ENB for Skyrim SE, because as you noted yourself, most of the effects are missing.

tapioks wrote:ENB for Skyrim SE is only in early development, and has about 2% of the features available in ENB for 'old' Skyrim'. No ENB presets for old Skyrim are compatible with ENB for Skyrim SE, because as you noted yourself, most of the effects are missing.
But according to all these screenshots in all the different presets available for SSE, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... src_cat=97 having an ENB does seem to have an effect? If it hardly affected anything why would there already be so many presets with different kinds of screenshots of before and after, whereas my before and after photos are exactly the same?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The effects that are active in ENB for SSE are depth of field, lens effects, and post-processing (which comes in many flavors). This is enough to make a decent present. What is not yet available is advanced effects like ambient occlusion, environment controls, image based lighting, indirect lighting, sub-surface scattering, cloud shadows, sky lighting, reflections, water parameters, fog parameters, rain parameters, weather controls ... the list goes on.

tapioks wrote:The effects that are active in ENB for SSE are depth of field, lens effects, and post-processing (which comes in many flavors). This is enough to make a decent present. What is not yet available is advanced effects like ambient occlusion, environment controls, image based lighting, indirect lighting, sub-surface scattering, cloud shadows, sky lighting, reflections, water parameters, fog parameters, rain parameters, weather controls ... the list goes on.
Ah, I see that you're right. I was using a preset, but literally nothing appeared to have changed. But when I switched to another preset the changes were much more drastic. It might have just been the presets I were using. Thanks!