Can't change enb in-game values

• Author

Can't change enb in-game values

Hey, thanks for reading this.

I'm using the Elder Blood enb preset, but I don't think my issue only applies to it. When I bring up the in-game enb menu (using shift+enter) I can view everything just fine, but almost none of the changes I make do anything at all. I've tried crazy extreme numbers just to make sure, and there is absolutely no change for almost all of them. Even when I click "Apply Changes", the check-boxes and numbers just go back to what they were before. I love enb, but not being able to customize it is more than a little frustrating. For example, the nights in it are beautiful, but entirely too bright and over-saturated for my taste.

I've also double-checked that none of the files in my enbseries folder are read-only. And I just re-installed the enb core files to test just those, and it's still the same thing. I even tried changing the value of brightness in the enbseries.ini file before starting the game and it still had no effect.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. Oh, and I should mention that this is a fresh install of Skyrim from Steam, not on my primary drive.

Thanks again for reading.

Re: Can't change enb in-game values

For anyone who's having the same problem, deleting enbhelper.dll from the enbseries folder seems to have worked. My bokeh dof is back and working correctly now. Everything. No clue as to why or how or why it effected my game specifically this way in the first place. From everything I've read, if you don't have this file, you're supposed to get it.

That being the case, have I possibly screwed something else up by having deleted this file? Thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That file is not the reason of issue. Most likely you have mod which decrease startup time by replacing calls to ini files. or crapware (including antiviruses).

hm. Not sure about that one considering I had these exact mods on my previous install and everything worked fine, and my computer's clean as a whistle. Thanks though.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Clean doesnt mean you don't have crapware. even geforce experience is one of them.

Is it advisable getting rid of GeForce Experience in order to get this to work flawlessly?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes