ENB's d3d9 not working with Fallout NV for me

• Author

ENB's d3d9 not working with Fallout NV for me

Wanted to play through with ENB, but for whatever reason I can't play this game without a modified d3d9 file that tricks the game into thinking I'm using a different/older graphics card. I'm running on 2 980 ti's in sli. I been trying to find a fix for about 6 hours. I have re installed graphics drivers, reinstalled the game multiple times tried with/without mods, compatibility modes, tried with and without sli enabled, etc. I finally came across a d3d9 file on nexus mods that makes the game think I'm running on some old nvidia card and the crash goes away. If I don't have this, the game will start, i'll go to start a new game and it crashes while trying to load into the game after its intro video. I have tried a couple versions of enb d3d9 dll's to see if maybe they would work, but because they detect my 980 ti's when I go to load or start a new game, it starts crashing again.

If the game thinks i'm using some old ass card...it works. If it knows I'm using my 980 ti's it crashes. Anybody know how to fix this by chance or have an idea?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB's d3d9 not working with Fallout NV for me

This game is very old and it do not use any patches for modern videocards. You are looking in wrong direction, better find another drivers, configure them properly, get rid of crapware. Other users runs this game fine.