ENBs missing most of the effects

• Author

Re: ENBs missing most of the effects

mindflux wrote:No, it doesn't make any sense.

When installing Northern Light, did you download it from Nexus and install as per instructions? Of course first cleaning the Skyrim folder from all extra stuff, leftovers of ENB, SweetFX, Reshade and whatnot.
I tryed the one that was hosted here and both the quality and extreme version on the nexus. No version works. I think i followed the instructions in a good way.
Anyways many other ENBs don't work: southern light, mistveil, poupouri, seasons of skyrim

ENBSeries wrote:
Could it be' a missing directx version or something that must be' copied from system32?
No
What about driver versions? I heard there are issues on w10

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try to remove old one completely and install 355. If you have sli, disable it. Any tools like shadowplay or geforce experience must be uninstalled or disabled.

ENBSeries wrote:Try to remove old one completely and install 355. If you have sli, disable it. Any tools like shadowplay or geforce experience must be uninstalled or disabled.
I'll try that. How do I remove them completely and how do I make a backup of them since they are no longer host on nvidia site?
Anyways not sure if it mat be useful but I found this while brosing for a solution:

I've actually had a similar issues after I upgraded to Win10. Not artifacting, but, my Northern Lights K-ENB lost Depth of Field and God Rays after I upgraded. I didn't quite make the connection at first, but someone else found out the fix to a part of the problem under the Northern Lights mod on the Nexus posts.
Apparently the D3D9.dll file somehow doesn't work properly in Windows 10. So, they mentioned to copy the file from the .\windows\System32 folder or SysWOW64 folder to the root of the Skyrim game folder, not Data. For some reason the two d3d9 files are different sizes, but give them a whirl.
I forgot which one I copied, but it ended up fixing the DoF issue. But, I don't get God Rays with Northern Lights anymore, under Win10.

Just to make sure i've not screwed up something here is a link to my skyrim folder when no ENB is installed and with poupori 1st seed installed. There are also some screenshots of my gpu settings
https://imgur.com/a/ui56N

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't use new drivers and don't know anything about deleting software included in it, may be just not installing everything by manually checking what is required?

Copying d3d9 file from system folder will not help for my mod, it's probably trick for ReShade or SweetFX.

One question, do you have fully transparent water look or it have proper fade to dark blue? In first case it's driver bug.

Try to delete all SweetFX files only to test my default mod setting. Do not use SKSE and any other tools, run game via launcher.

Disable game profile in NVidia control panel, use defaul global setting for it to avoid any "optimizations" in drivers.

Here are my setting for NVidia control panel, set the same (i don't understand what is written in yours and how to enter some symbols to translate).

how do I disable a game profile in the gpu settings? I double checked your settings and they match mine.

Anyways I think I finally fixed it but i'm not 100% sure about it. Can you take a look please?
Here is how the water appear in my game. I just installed realistic water 2
https://imgur.com/9b1AgNM

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Looks properly imho. What have you done?

ENBSeries wrote:Looks properly imho. What have you done?
I copyed the d3d11 and the dxgi from system32 right into the skyrim folder.
Should they always stay in there now, even if some presets already come with their dxgi? What if they don't include any dxgi?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

d3d11 and dxgi are dx11 files, they are not required for dx9 games like skyrim. You have some crap running on background or installed ReShade/SweetFX together with my mod. Anyway, i'll try to not forget this.

ENBSeries wrote:d3d11 and dxgi are dx11 files, they are not required for dx9 games like skyrim. You have some crap running on background or installed ReShade/SweetFX together with my mod. Anyway, i'll try to not forget this.
Why would some dx11 files resolve this issue?
I just downloaded users presets, I wasn't really aware that reshade and sweetfx caused problems together but they came from the same preset.
How do I check what is not wrong with my background processes? It must be something from w10 then since I barely installed any program