ENBs missing most of the effects

• Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENBs missing most of the effects

It is not Win10 issue, because only crapware, video driver, some razor/logitek drivers, reshade/sweetfx (?) are known for using dx11 libraries for no reason. I do not support any third party graphic mods, so can't say anything about them, but better to not use them, it's just wasting of vram and performance while enbseries is much more powerful.

ENBSeries wrote:It is not Win10 issue, because only crapware, video driver, some razor/logitek drivers, reshade/sweetfx (?) are known for using dx11 libraries for no reason. I do not support any third party graphic mods, so can't say anything about them, but better to not use them, it's just wasting of vram and performance while enbseries is much more powerful.
Gotcha. I have one last question for you, which binary is better to use with a preset that uses for example 0.266 or 0.279 since they are no longer hosted here? I heard that the newest one is heavier, so would be better to use 0.262?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ideal version is next available for download after version which is "required" by preset. I keep versions only if they have important changes for presets, but all 0.2xx are compatible with 0.305 (very old 0.1xx may not work properly for some effects without manual tweaking). Recent version is not slower than older.

I had the same issue, and just the "dxgi.dll" from the System32 folder did the trick.
Creative SoundBlaster ZxR
Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 16GB
Crucial M4 256GB
2x WD Blue 1TB 2,5"
Seasonic Platinum 760
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

You need to roll back to driver 355.60 or earlier in Win 10 if you need ENB to work with AO, detail shadow, DOF and SSS. Any driver later than that will miss effects above.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

anitman wrote:You need to roll back to driver 355.60 or earlier in Win 10 if you need ENB to work with AO, detail shadow, DOF and SSS. Any driver later than that will miss effects above.
Um no you don't. I am on 364.72 and it works fine. Some folks have better stability with 355 but it certainly isn't required to run ENB. I know plenty of folks who are using win10 with ENB and current Nvidia drivers. Maybe you are having issues but its not global by any means. Now sweetFx/ReShade has some issues for many folks running on win10 and Skyrim with SFX effects not working fully.

Never heard of ENB effects not working though. Maybe you have some other issue creating a conflict. Make sure you are not using GeoForce Experience or the steam overlay.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nobody knows for sure yet. Could be different per videocard model. For me new drivers do not work at all in games i modify, without mod and it's Win7. In the past i had experience when even the same videocard models had different artifacts because their vendors are different and internal ID too.

wolfgrimdark wrote:
anitman wrote:You need to roll back to driver 355.60 or earlier in Win 10 if you need ENB to work with AO, detail shadow, DOF and SSS. Any driver later than that will miss effects above.
Um no you don't. I am on 364.72 and it works fine. Some folks have better stability with 355 but it certainly isn't required to run ENB. I know plenty of folks who are using win10 with ENB and current Nvidia drivers. Maybe you are having issues but its not global by any means. Now sweetFx/ReShade has some issues for many folks running on win10 and Skyrim with SFX effects not working fully.

Never heard of ENB effects not working though. Maybe you have some other issue creating a conflict. Make sure you are not using GeoForce Experience or the steam overlay.
Well, I'm not saying that ENB is not totally working with 364.72, but surely missing some effects such as SSS and detailed shadow, I have proofs:

The screenshot showing the above is taken with 355.60

Below is taken under 364.72 with same other settings

You could see the slight differences of the shadow and shader between each two drivers, bloom works Ok, but SSS and detailed shadow are both missing. FPS is better in 364.72 because of the missing effects.

BTW, I'm not with any crap ware such as GE and SO.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

These changes are actually very big, depth is not captured properly. Most of the mod features do not work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

anitman wrote: ...

You could see the slight differences of the shadow and shader between each two drivers, bloom works Ok, but SSS and detailed shadow are both missing. FPS is better in 364.72 because of the missing effects.

BTW, I'm not with any crap ware such as GE and SO.
Ah I misunderstood, thanks for the clarifications and screenshots.