Skyrim Visual C++ error in interior with several NPCs

• Author

Skyrim Visual C++ error in interior with several NPCs

Hi, i get Visual C++ errors _only_ i'f i'm in an interior with some certain lightning, several NPCs and start an animation (all 3 conditions must be met). Outdoors/with less lights i can play for hours without error, but in some locations like Jorvaskar, it crashes immediatly almost every time a scene from mods starts.
I use ENBoost only, no series. I've seen there are patches for particle rendering etc, but i couldn't find any info if they are for enbseries only or if they would work with enboost as well, should i try them?
Beside that, which settings could i try to change? It's ok if they are bad for playing in general and will only help me to get through some certain stages in mods i'm playing without rebooting 10 times for one scene.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim Visual C++ error in interior with several NPCs

You don't need to change anything, because nobody reported such issues yet. Try older versions of the mod (as ENBoost part only) and if you don't have these issues, then most likely bug in new version, otherwise other software or skse plugins. Deleted mods with saved game using them may cause this (try save game cleaner, just in case). Something else too, i forgot while wrote these lines, sorry.

Thank you. Would it be save to move the enb files out of the skyrim folder and try it without it? If it crashes again it doesn't mean much, but if it doesn't i can be sure that enb is at öeast part of the problem.
Just to be clear: I don't blame enb for anything, i don't even think it's an error or problem of enb in general. I'd just like to know if there is anything that i can do.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You may simply delete d3d9.dll from game folder (but please not from system folder) and try it. But i don't think this will be the right way of testing, Skyrim depends from everything, it's a random bug generator and only stars may tell when it fails. You will be lucky if it's just some mod incompatible. Well, try it, who knows... May be toggling and tweaking various mod parameters may help, i don't know.