Resident Evil 5, Color correction not working at all

• Author

Resident Evil 5, Color correction not working at all

Hello dear community,

I hope I can find some assistance for my issue with the ENBSeries Resident Evil 5 v1.3 patch.
First off I want to thank the author for this immense contribution with all of his projects. Those patches definitely improve the game by a lot.

I have used the ENBSeries for RE5 once in the past and it worked well. But I was on another computer, a desktop rig with an AMD card.
This time I am on a notebook, namely the Lenovo G710 and Nvidia video card 820M. Now I could not find any clear information whether it should work with Nvidia or not.

I came across this thread
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4565

And took the advice to heart. I have the Steam version of the game and Steam overlay is enabled (Just tested it, doesn't make a difference whether I have it on or off). Just like that user in the thread suggested, I turned off all NVIDIA Experience related processes, but other than for him it did not solve the problem for me.

What else could I be doing wrong ? What else could I do to get it running ? What "crap ware" could I be missing ? I don't run any other apps that could influence my display :shock:

What could I have done wrong in the patching process ? There isn't more than just extracting the RAR Archive into the root folder of the game, right ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Resident Evil 5, Color correction not working at all

I think it's because mod was made for first game and it was patched later. Another problem, i don't know any successful mod usage with nvidia optimus laptops after gf6xx, even injector version do not work. Don't know is that truth or users reported issues not bothered to notify if they fixed or not.

ENBSeries wrote:I think it's because mod was made for first game and it was patched later. Another problem, i don't know any successful mod usage with nvidia optimus laptops after gf6xx, even injector version do not work. Don't know is that truth or users reported issues not bothered to notify if they fixed or not.
You mean the Steam Version of the game ? I am almost positive that it still worked back then when I had my AMD Rig and I upgraded the GFWL Version of the game to Steam version.
There is an injector version? What would it require ? Just inject the ENB d3d9.dll manually into the game process ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If it worked with steam version of the game, then it's definetly nvidia optimus issues. RE5 mod don't have injector version, but you may try "optimus fix" from Nexus web site, though it not work after some driver version, thanks to nvidia.

I can confirm that injector versions of ENB Skyrim have worked with my optimus laptop in the past. I don't know if this problem is RE5 specific.