Can't start Skyrim with enb

• Author

Can't start Skyrim with enb

Hi, sorry to make new post but I seriously can't find a solution.

I just set up a new rig, installed the directx mumbo jumbo (runtime stuff, etc), .net and c++, freshly installed Skyrim (started it up and loaded a clean save) THEN downloaded enb and dropped in wrapper files and got SKSE. Now Skyrim won't launch, if I go through Steam the launcher immediately crashes, SKSE launcher gives me 0xc000007b error.

I've reinstalled every version of directX suggested in every forum post I've found on the subject.

I've tried the Injector version, Skyrim works but enb isn't there, from what I've read I suspect its due to Skyrim loading too fast for the injector to have time to inject.

The only thing I have thought to try but haven't been able to is install an older version of my graphics driver (NVIDIA, currently the latest), but I'm not sure which version would work. On that note, I installed the driver using GeF, which I later uninstalled as that apparently solved it for some people.

I have no other mods installed except some armor mod steam keeps shoving in, I've tried removing SKSE but it doesn't seem to make a difference so I put it back for now.

Got a i7 6.7k 4ghz and gtx 980, if you need more info just ask.

Thanks

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Can't start Skyrim with enb

Probably crapware issue as the most popular. Or incompatible skse plugin. Try to set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini. If not helps, search for every application running which hooks in to game. Steam overlay, antiviruses, GeForce Experience, D3D Overrider, Razer and Ligitek utils, Afterburner, many screen capturing tools, etc etc etc.

Suggestion boris put of disabling ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal helped me out with skyrim launch issues. due to fact that skse had the memory section added in the skse.ini

even with it the memory sections removed from the skse.ini i still had some launch issues or instability with ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true. suspect skse still tries to use memory adjustments.

Ended up just ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false and helped a lot.

Thanks for replying.

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false was already set by default, I just have the wrapper files I haven't put on a preset yet. I also don't have any SKSE plugins, unless it comes with them by default.

I've tried removing a few extraneous programs but no luck so far, is there a way of telling which ones hook into Skyrim? I'm just going through various utilities at the moment.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try without skse and if not helps, post screenshots of processes in task manager with "for all users" checked box.

Tried w/o SKSE, doesn't seem to make a difference.
Here are screen caps:
http://imgur.com/8Qe753N
http://imgur.com/tWrEfNE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Almost clear list. Terminate avast, it's incompatible 100%. Then super charger.exe, disable what is enabled in Steam, because i don't have SteamService.exe. Don't know what jh_service is, but try to terminate it too. MSI tools, mumble - the same. Report if helped and which process was the culprit.

Still not launching, processes looking like this:
http://i.imgur.com/qBHOJw1.png

Thanks for all your help insofar, man.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Then only forced antialiasing in drivers and missing directx files left. Have you tried to turn off memory manager entirely in enblocal.ini or to use very old versions, like 0.119?

Woo progress!

So the 0.119 ver of ENB works, both with and without SKSE going. Should I just run with an older version??

AA was already disabled in my driver setting and I reinstalled DirectX again for good measure.