Skyrim lags with Gtx 770 and without heavy graphic mods.

• Author

Skyrim lags with Gtx 770 and without heavy graphic mods.

Hi guys, I'm new here so sorry if this si in the wrong topic.

I had a break from Skyrim for a while and when I started to play it again, everything was lagging.
But thats apparently only when the game loads new cells, the fps are fine when I stand still and look around.
My Rig is decent;
i7-3770K
GTX 770
16 Gigs of RAM

Im playing with 121 mods, most of them are armors and weapons, things that usually don't do much to the Gpu.
However, there are a few graphic mods that I'm using but even disabling them together with my ENB (wich is only a DOF atm) doesn't do that much. When I tried to optimize a few settings in the enblocal.ini, I realized that I've dragged ALL files from the WrapperVersion back then like the Idiot I am.

Not sure how and if that would affect anything graphically but removing the things that aren't supposed to be installed with ENBSeries resulted in a CTD after starting the game.

Besides that, the game takes forever to load at first start and I really have no idea why. I know mods are making things more slowly but waiting two minutes to load the game sounds redicilous to me, even if it's running on a SSD. Map loadings are still fine but it feels like they've increased as well.

I thought about reinstalling the game but I don't know how that will affect my gamesave and mods in general, I've read that the ENB-Settings will stay the same, even after reinstalling the game. I realized that I've installed two 4K mods, one for rocks and one for trees but deactivating them didn't help either.

I've used PDTWrapper, TS5Edit, LOOT and Skyrim Save Tool already, so I don't think they're going to help me out much more.

Not sure if this is too much text, so here is a tl;dr:
Skyrim lags even without heavy graphic mods, loadtimes are taking forever as well. Installed everything from the ENBSeries WrapperVersion instead of the only three files, not sure if that affects anything.

So are there any more ways to fix my fps and load time problems?
Thanks in advance for helpful tips.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim lags with Gtx 770 and without heavy graphic mods.

Remove ENBSeries/ENBoost and try to run the game. If it will be unable to load saved game or will crash very soon after loading game, then you are running out of memory because of mods and need to use memory manager included as ENBoost. In this case you will have stuttering and longer loading times, this cannot be avoided and ssd or ram drives gives nothing about that, time is wasted to backup data to enbhost.exe process. Normally it's about 2-2.5x times slower loading, but if you have much more, then the problem could be in wrong setting for memory manager in enblocal.ini (like mod creating resources in vram and delete other of them from there), use VRamSizeTest dx9 version to set amount of video memory properly. Another case is when expand memory x64 =true is set and some mods (skse mods first of all) have bugs with memory addressing and they have written own data in saved game - longer loading times, ctd on load, freeze. Use save game cleaner or whatever it's called to remove useless data (never used that tool, but guys told here that it works fine). Ugrid setting affect loading times as well. And the last, if i remember, do not modify skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini parameters which you don't know, especially about threads. Game have lot of multithreading bugs and any attempts to do changes to the code completely ruin everything, not just loading.