Skyrim looks grayish

• Author

Skyrim looks grayish

Hi,

I made a new install of Skyrim and started playing again. I installed ENB (wrapper version) and made the appropriate edits to the SkyrimPrefs.ini, but skyrim looks way too dark, even without using any preset at all. Notice that I do not use any lighting mod.

This is how skyrim looks:
- without ENB http://i.imgur.com/tscXRn9.jpg
- with ENB http://i.imgur.com/UbxoGUE.jpg

I've always used ENBs without problems, but I'm having a hard time understanding why it looks so dark and dull now. My graphic card is a gtx750 (2GB), I disabled both Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filters for Skyrim from nVidia control panel. Also disabled AA in game. Nothing changes.

Help?

Re: Skyrim looks grayish

It could be wrong value for sunlight intensity during day/night or CloudShadows are enabled. If it's because of CloudShadows, then it works as intended.

I disabled CloudShadows, the result is the same. Also, I noticed when setting UseOriginalPostProcessing = true, the gray filter disappears. But shouldn't enb work by its own postprocessing?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It is not gray filter, you don't have shadows, which means wrong shadow mask setting in skyrimprefs.ini, antialiasing forced or crapware. May be something else like skyrim performance monitor. Of course this is not the case when cloud shadows enabled as mentioned above.

Thanks for the answer.

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=5 -> is this what you mean?

Antialias is off . Skyrim perfomarmance monitor is not installed yet. I want to get my shadows back ;_; anything I can do to solve this?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If i remember, this value should be 3 and yes, it is. You see, shadows are kinda detector of the issues for this case, if they do not work, then skyrimprefs.ini is wrong, drivers, antialiasing enabled/forced, crapware. In general all these affect the mod, but skyrimprefs.ini is #1 for shadow.