Half black (horizon) screen in Skyrim

• Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Half black (horizon) screen in Skyrim

I think he got the game running but only mist is not to be enabled on his end

Flickr Gallery

is it detecting your GPU? if so id like to know which you have and what your settings are

ENBSeries wrote:Folks, i understand that you want just to play, but the root of the issue was not found and it's bring more users here with bug reports.
I had what appears to be the same problem, though mine is more of a reddish/brown haze on the bottom half (so, different Preset Palette than him).

I'm running on a GTX 660 2GB DDR5, Superclocked (EVGA), with 8 Gig DDR3 1600 Mhz Ram and a Core i7 @ 3.4 Ghz
Disabling myst is the quick fix, and I would accept the outcome of "you need a better card to enable this setting" (planning on upgrading or dropping in a second of the same with SLI in the next 6 months to year depending on how the prices settle).

However, if you'd like to look into the actual cause or other workarounds, I'm game for that as well.

I will say that, this aside, I am able to use my preferred preset (Vividian) quite well/smoothly and even without the myst setting enabled I enjoy the graphical improvement quite a bit.

Actually, an update. I believe I know EXACTLY what causes this and it is not the fault of ENB series at all.

In my case it was user error with ModManager; I used the .ini editor to add the ENB enabling tweaks (floatingpointrender=1, etc) to the skyrim.ini instead of skyrimpreferences.ini. Correcting this immediately solved the issue and I was able to reenable the mysts.

Hey, disabling mist effects worked with the horizon bug, but now my entire game is super dark. My brightness is turned all the way up and Ive been going through all the settings and couldnt find anything... If anyone could help that would be great!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dowload enbhelper.dll as written in readme.

i am having similar problem but am not able to fix the half black screen i am getting on the top of the screen.Need help please.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Disable mist in [EFFECTS] category or download enbhelper.dll and set bFloatingPointRenderTarget=1 in all skyrimprefs.ini on your pc.

I tried everything you told but still its not working for me.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Half screen dark only happens when mist enabled and not works properly, in all other cases this is not that bug (i.e. when mist disabled). Intel gpu or laptop i suppose.