Enable SLI for Skyrim

• Author

Enable SLI for Skyrim

There is a patch for Xfire users, but none for SLI users. My GPU1 is at 100% while GPU2 is at 0%. Can you please make a patch for SLI for Skyrim. Also, when I start my game it will load forever until I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and then I automatically pop into my game, im not sure why it does that but I just thought I should tell you about it. If there is already an SLI patch could someone link me to it? Thanks.

-Smoblikat

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enable SLI for Skyrim

I don't have SLI and can't spend money to buy such hardware. Better try to choose other game profile in SLI config, probably some will work.

How is there a crossfire patch then, if you cant afford dual cards. Where would I go to change profiles?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Use Nvidia Inspector.

I got Nvidia inspector, but it looks like a glorafied GPU-z, it doesnt have anything to do with enabling SLI.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Open Inspector, click the little wrench icon around the middle and select Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from the drop-down menu to access the profile settings for Skyrim. There's a lot of useful stuff you can change, but the one most relevant to you is near the beginning labeled SLI compatibility bits.

Solved it guys, go into nvidia control panel, then go to 3d settings at the top-ish, choose program settings, then select (add) add skyrim.exe (and skyrim launcher, just to be sure) scroll down to where it gives SLI options and select force alternate frame rendering TWO, not 1, one makes everything infinitley worse. Hope this helps some people.

EDIT - Just saw the post above me, if it works I would use that instead. SFR is better than AFR in my opinion, and Nvidia inspector allows it.

ENBSeries wrote:I don't have SLI and can't spend money to buy such hardware. Better try to choose other game profile in SLI config, probably some will work.
What if a generous donor gave you such hardware? Would you use it to optimize enbdev for an SLI setup? I realize that, with Skyrim itself not optimized for SLI, there's probably only so much that can be done. However, distributing the load across multiple graphics cards, there's gotta be something ENB can do, right?

Assuming the developer has access to SLI hardware to test against. Honestly, I'm surprised nvidia hasn't donated it. A lot of hardware companies issue "engineering samples" for reviews and such. This seems like the perfect opportunity for nvidia to donate an engineering sample. Oh well.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh man, what do you talking about? NVidia do not support wrappers at all with additional software they use now together drivers. And the SLI is kind of thing, which require game source code for proper tweaking. May be i could optimize some effects for it, but this is wasting of time for me now, sorry.

ENBSeries wrote:May be i could optimize some effects for it, but this is wasting of time for me now, sorry.
I'm sorry for wasting your time. Thank you for your patience.