3D vision and ENB Series in Skyrim

• Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: 3D vision and ENB Series in Skyrim

These shaders do fix only to one game bug, but there is another one, which can't be solved by shaders (fixed internally in the mod, but still appear in areas where no shadow exist). So as i said, forget about stereo or enbseries/parallax.

Gruftlord

ah, i understand. too bad. i hope some sort of solution will pop up in the future though. right now i guess i'll life with the flickering. :cry:
is there a way to change enb shaders myself, like there is for the helix mod? i could give it a try, then, to see if i can get the shadows work in 3d (well, since there is obviously a soluion allready with the helix mod, maybe some mixing of the dlls or shaders could work if i try on my own. any tipps/objections?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm not supporting officially feature of shader editing with shaderinput folder, because i do this myself and any user's made changes simply broke mine. And graphic fx are not just shaders, you can't edit shadow shaders to work in stereo, all you can do is to wait when nvidia drivers will have stereo hack for my shadows, but this probably not happen, game was released long time ago and useless for business.

MisterPete

I've took some time to do testing with helix's 3d stereo fix and enb v0.113. Here's what I've found.

As mentioned before ForceFakeVideocard=true in enbseries.ini is necessary. Helix's shadow fix is no longer necessary with skyrim 1.6 as you can now add "bDeferredShadows=0" to SkyrimPrefs.ini and then remove the three pixel shader files that comprised helix's shadow fix.

helix's d3d9.dll with enb wrapper as a proxy
* helix water fix works properly
* enb issues (sunrays do not work and there seems to be some issue relating to fog or distant land textures, I could post a screenshot if anyone is interested)

helix's d3d9.dll with enb injector
* enb works properly
* helix water fix does not work (need to remove the water refraction shader)
* helix shadow fix is working (although no longer required)
* Issue with the sky which can be resolved by using Dorkits sky mesh fix (can provide video example if anyone is interested).

enb wrapper with helix's dll as a proxy
* helix issues. helix water fix does not work
* enb issues. sun rays not working (but no prolem with distant land as there was with the first method)

Would be great if these two could work together or just porting the water fix over to enb. But in any case I just want to say great job with enb series Boris, very impressive. And very cool that ssao works in stereo 3d (nvidia ssao does not work in stereo)

Gruftlord

this is exciting news. is there another way to disable the water-refraction? in the skyrimprefs.ini maybe? then the helix-fix would no longer be needed. :-)

how is the helix-ui and the enb parallax fix working under your testconditions? (got some horse-mods running, that's why i'm still holding back on 1.6 for testing :-()

and i second the kudos for your enb series Boris! thank you for all the amazing work you do.

edit: ok, the patch is out, i did the tests, and it looks like i'm out of luck again: the parallax-fix doesn't work, when deferred shadows are disabled (also it doesn't work when forcefakevideocard is enabled).
Boris, could you please make an enb version, that works with deferred shadows disabled, pretty pretty please :-)

MisterPete

No I don't think it's possible to disable the water refraction without helix's mod right now.

I believe everything was working with the ui depth but I didn't test this specifically. I did not test the enb parallax fix.

Gruftlord, so you confirmed the parallax fix was working with bDeferredShadows=1 but not with bDeferredShadows=0? Also you should disable helix's pixel shaders relating to shadows.

With bDeferredShadows=0 you should be able to remove these three pixel shader files from Helix's fix in ShaderOverride\PixelShaders\
0DD4E031.txt
54548D09.txt
F25ADF18.txt

The stereo water issue is very distracting so I think that should be the top priority in having enb work in stereo before worrying about the parallax fix.

Gruftlord

yes, i had the pixelshaders disabled. i even tested with just enb installed, deferredshadows was all that mattered, between parallaxfix (deferred shadows 1), enbshadows (deferred shadows 1) and stereoscopic shadows (deferred shadows 0) working or not.
you're right about the water, though personally i still care more about the parallax-fix and shadowfix, since there still is the old watertexture floating around, that sets the water opaque (it doesn't look nice, but for me the loss is smaller than the gain by parallax)

sloth

I wasn't able to figure out how to have deferred shadows fixed. For whatever reason in 3d mode, the cast shadows are affected by the camera (per eye) which makes no sense from a lighting model. Light sources shouldn't change based on where the observer is located in space. Is this skyrim just having absurd lighting code? Is there any way to lock down the light source emitter location? It looks really odd when different shadows are cast from deferred lighting being on.

ENB bloom is also not functioning correctly. It renders in the correct location for one eye, but the other eye will see the bloom shader in the same location from the previous eye which leaves a ghosted area to the right or left of where it should be.

Working deferred shadows for 3d would be a huge win if at all possible.

@ENB why modified upx?
It would be nice if we had sliders to modify the ini values in realtime as an in game UI...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Stereo vision is just a marketing feature, not a standart and never was, even in very long time ago. If game not developed to work with stereo, then it can't in 99% (complexity of game graphic engine increase percent). How you wish to make deffered shadows to be rendered in stereo, i'm out of ideas, 3d stereo is just a hack which works somehow and algorithm is known only to driver developers. To make the game completely stereo compatible without sources for 1% of 3d vision players? No thanks.
Modified upx to exclude editing by punks who remove copyrights.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry for my noob'ness here.. But how do I get enbseries to use both helix's d3d9.dll and enb's d3d9.dll? What do I type in the enbseries.ini to make it work?

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel