Skyrim ENB and Antialiasing (MSAA)

• Author

Skyrim ENB and Antialiasing (MSAA)

In the past, I had no troubles using ENB and MSAA, be it through Skyrim x2-x8 or through Nvidia Inspector. Now for whatever reason, if I run ENB Injector, MSAA doesn't apply. I'm running 310.70, and have tried rolling back to 306.xx, but still the same problem.

Has anyone had troubles with MSAA recently? I've tried tons of presets and ENB .119 up to 12.12.12, and still the same problem. Also have tried presets that don't use SMAA to avoid conflicts, SMAA just doesn't do it for me, it barely does anything for aliasing. I've been trying to find the problem for days and had no luck. I can't play Skyrim without MSAA, likewise I can't play it without the incredible ENB... Really stuck here.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim ENB and Antialiasing (MSAA)

Well, hardware AA was disabled in ENB since v0.120 I think. Mine works fine with v0.119 and driver 306.xx
So either roll back your driver, or roll back your ENB. Or possibly both.

From what I understand, hardware AA isn't on the ENB "to-do" list for now as others pretty much voted for other optimizations for current effects such as real-time reflections.

I did try .119 and 306.xx before, maybe I did something wrong.. hmm, I'll try again.

Might I ask what ENB Preset you're using as a base?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Last edited by far327 on 14 Dec 2012, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.

MSAA does indeed work with .119, must have screwed something up last time I tried it.

Thanks a lot.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You're welcome :)