ENB .123, EVGA Precision X, and Nvidia Inspector

• Author

ENB .123, EVGA Precision X, and Nvidia Inspector

Greetings. I have a question or three about not being able to run ENB (Skyrim) while EVGA Precision X is active. Precision X allows me to tweak the fan profile precisely, not so in NVIDIA Inspector. In Inspector I'm forced to run the fan at manual speeds of 80% max to keep the card in line (GTX 670). Plus, I'm not 100% certain as to how the Performance Levels (P0, P1, P3, etc.) in Inspector work (seems a bit arcane to me). So, my questions are:

1. Why does using Precision X with ENB cause an immediate CTD?
2. If I create a profile in Precision X and duplicate that profile in Inspector, what performance level in Inspector should I use as a base (I'm currently using performance level 3 - P0)?

This would all be moot if ENB and Precision X would play nicely together. :)

Lastly, thanks for all the work on ENB. Skyrim looks gorgeous!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB .123, EVGA Precision X, and Nvidia Inspector

The game crashes because Precision X uses an overlay, have you tried disabling the overlay features if possible? Other than that you could try using the injector version of ENB.

Sorry, not sure about Performance Levels in Inspector as I set my fan profiles in BIOS. It only allows crude control, but it works without any additional software.

Yes it has an overlay feature, but I haven't enabled it. Nevertheless, I guess that could still be the reason for the incompatibility. The BIOS settings may be worth looking into. I'll pop open the UEFI and see what it looks like. Thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Use injector version of the mod.

ENBSeries wrote:Use injector version of the mod.
I used the injector during my use of v.109, but if my memory serves, it still crashed with Precision. Nevertheless, I took your advice and tried to load the v.123 injector but can't get it to work. Apparently, Skyrim doesn't recognize it as being enabled. I went to the .../my games/skryim folder and removed "RendererInfo.txt" file, then edited the "SkyrimPrefs.ini" file by removing the following line: sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670". I then closed the ini file, restarted ENB injector then started the Skyrim Launcher. Unfortunately, the launcher won't recognize the injector and keeps writing the nVidia card to the ini file (sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670"). Anything else I can do to make this work?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Injector do not modify name of the render device, only old mods (0.103 if i remember) change it to "ENB". If mod injected, message will appear, do not change anything, injector is ready for playing with default game (if you have different launchers or game process names, change enbinjector.ini accordingly). And as i know all existing software working with injector (not including some antiviruses and modified user rights by OS, i hope you not using win8? it's not supported).

Good news. Got the injector working and am having no problems with using Precision X. My GPU is running much cooler now and the game looks sweet.

Thanks for the help!