FALLOUT 4 ENB causes flickering body morph

fixing bugs
  • Author

FALLOUT 4 ENB causes flickering body morph

When enb is enabled the body morph of characters flickers from times to time with looksmenu. For player, every time i switch an object from quick slot will cause the body reverted to base body.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: FALLOUT 4 ENB causes flickering body morph

Enbseries can't do that.

ENBSeries wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 07:03 Enbseries can't do that.
i know it's weird but it does. With enb enable the character body will lose the looksmenu presets morph change when equiping stuff. Is it okay to post a video here?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not okay to attach video to the forum, but okay as link. And i repeat, this is not possible. Meshes are not altered by the enbseries. You are the only one who report this thing.

ENBSeries wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 04:58 Not okay to attach video to the forum, but okay as link. And i repeat, this is not possible. Meshes are not altered by the enbseries. You are the only one who report this thing.
here's the link to what i was facing (NSFW warning) https://ufile.io/22xec6vg
There's one that have similar problem about ENB and looksmenu but didnt post it here. Here's the link if you want to check out. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/184734- ... sion-girl/

I understand that ENB does not possibly have impact to game mechanism but thats what happened when i had enb enabled. I tried reshade and the glitch didnt happened.

Thanks for the reply tho

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try vanilla game if there is such bug. The only idea i have is that some custom plugin f4se (or how it's named) which do things wrong similar to bug of race menu in skyrim which i was forced to fix, because developer of the plugin do not communicate with d3d via wrapper. And if that's the case, will be not possible to fix, because i do not install any skse/f4se mods. Unless you will do testing by yourself and i blindly try to do changes in the code to find out how to fix that by trials and errors method (very time consuming and need you to join discord for faster testing). But that's only after you confirm it is happens or not in original game without mods.

If it doesn't use postshadershading, it might be fine. I haven't flickered, but I have run into issues with body morphs being blocked from working and found that disabling postshader fixed it.
But if it doesn't use postshaders, then you can't guarantee quality in most ENB presets...

There are a small number of reports of this issue in AAF mod discord and Lovers Lab, and a solution has not yet been found.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Will be no fix untill somebody become a tester on discord and spare some hours trying various builds till reason of problem is found.

In the last version of AAF, the action was taken in fourplay f4se to match the animation sync as much as possible, and I guess that affects it.
I will check morphing for enb and AAF versions as soon as I have time. However, since AAF is completely out of distribution of old versions, only two versions can be tested: 161 and 171.