White snow screen after screenshot - Skyrim

fixing bugs
  • Author

White snow screen after screenshot - Skyrim

Hello,

first of all I am new here but I've been using ENBs with Skyrim for quite some time now - I am not at all tinkering with them, just been using various presets to my liking.
I have an issue with Skyrim v1.1.1160.0.8 with ENB 0.499.
I have installed the "Next Gen" ESO mod collection and their ENB Preset. ENB base files and preset have been installed manually as I always do.

The issue comes up after I take a screenshot :

White flickering screen, and I am unable to get it back to normal unless I quit to desktop and restart the game. The screenshot itself however is perfectly fine, and any following screenshot too, even if the display is all messed up.

I did find a workaround however, but I would like to know if this is something known or some random issue that I was unlucky to encounter.
Workaround : from the enblocal.ini file, I replaced the screenshot key binding from the default PrtScr (44) to Insert (45) and the issue disappeared... It just doesn't show me that a screenshot has been taken, but that's kind of irrelevant at this point.

My config if that can help : AMD R5 5600x / Radeon 7800XT / 32 Gb RAM / Windows 11. All drivers are up to date, any sort of forced upscaling is disabled in the driver. I disabled the Steam Overlay and AMD performance overlay as well during my testing, but that didn't help.
I'm running the game in 1440p full screen with all settings maxed out from the launcher. SSR / SSAO and Precipitation Occlusion have been disabled following the mod collection guidelines, to avoid issues with the ENB preset apparently.

thanks for any feedback.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: White snow screen after screenshot - Skyrim

Maybe you're using another application that also captures a screenshot when pressing the PrintScreen key? That would explain the issue is resolved when you change the hotkey.

mindflux wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 08:34 Maybe you're using another application that also captures a screenshot when pressing the PrintScreen key? That would explain the issue is resolved when you change the hotkey.
To my knowledge I only have a reshade for Starfield that uses that key, as I disabled the option in Windows for the native screen capture tool (it was popping up after every Starfield screenshot...).
I don't think it would be the issue as reshade wouldn't run without the game, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for the pointer.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Somebody in discord reported the same issue. Not fixable on my side, it's crapware you running.