Detailed shadow's look weird during certain times of day

fixing bugs
  • Author

Detailed shadow's look weird during certain times of day

Bug info
  • Description: The detailed shadow weirdly intersects with the "regular" shadow and creates a strange half-circle shadow. It's affected by the sun's position. ~9AM is when the screenshots were taken. It's much worse with BethINI Pie's Ultra settings, but I could not narrow down which setting was causing it.
  • Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/U6JJd58
Setup info

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Detailed shadow's look weird during certain times of day

Thanks that you put much details in the report, but such things not fixable, this is specific problem of detailed shadows as effect because it's computed in screen space. It can't look right in any condition, i spent lot of time adjusting it to various conditions when it visible enough yet not buggy for the most cases. That shape can change, the size of it, but problem never disappear.

ENBSeries wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 01:10 Thanks that you put much details in the report, but such things not fixable, this is specific problem of detailed shadows as effect because it's computed in screen space. It can't look right in any condition, i spent lot of time adjusting it to various conditions when it visible enough yet not buggy for the most cases. That shape can change, the size of it, but problem never disappear.
So it's not a problem on my end then? Well, unfortunate. Do you at least know what's causing the "second" shadow to disappear when using the BethINI settings (see screenshots)? I don't know what that shadow is, but it makes the effect less apparent.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not your only issue and i don't think it's any different with any ini setting, because only depends from enbseries.ini quality of detailed shadows.