GTA SA ENB Series v0.430 Shadows Problem

fixing bugs
  • Author

GTA SA ENB Series v0.430 Shadows Problem

Hello, as you know, in ENB 0.430 the ability to completely disable reflections on cars via *.ini and *.fx files was removed, but if desired, this can be done. (In this situation, I need this, because the server uses some shaders that are incompatible with reflections) But when reflections are completely turned off, a problem appears with shadows, when changing movement along the Y axis relative to the model, as well as braking on a car, as well on foot. Also, this same problem happens when you hold down the “W” and “S” keys, is there any way to fix this problem? I have attached a video to make it more clear what exactly happened.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: GTA SA ENB Series v0.430 Shadows Problem

"Reflections" can't be disabled in the most recent version, because it uses deferred rendering and reflections are just one of visual effect failed, but not a reason. Reverting defer is not possible, vehicles will not look correct. About shadows, probably the same story, mod is made for singleplayer, with custom code of multiplayers render pipeline changes, so valid moments to apply effects are missed.

ENBSeries wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 22:38 "Reflections" can't be disabled in the most recent version, because it uses deferred rendering and reflections are just one of visual effect failed, but not a reason. Reverting defer is not possible, vehicles will not look correct. About shadows, probably the same story, mod is made for singleplayer, with custom code of multiplayers render pipeline changes, so valid moments to apply effects are missed.
So, the best that i can do now, is just try to find any SP mod that using basic pipeline with working shadows and see how does it working?

ENBSeries wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 22:38 "Reflections" can't be disabled in the most recent version, because it uses deferred rendering and reflections are just one of visual effect failed, but not a reason. Reverting defer is not possible, vehicles will not look correct. About shadows, probably the same story, mod is made for singleplayer, with custom code of multiplayers render pipeline changes, so valid moments to apply effects are missed.
Well, I checked even more variations of the changes and found that this is happening due to “enbvehicle.fx”, or to be more precise, due to some setting responsible for the car’s lighting equipment, all that remains is to figure out how to disable them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know what to suggest. Did mod for original unmodded game and nothing flicker there.

ENBSeries wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 07:48 I don't know what to suggest. Did mod for original unmodded game and nothing flicker there.
Well, thanks for that, I’ll try to somehow fix the problem. I’m thinking of somehow redoing “enbvehicle.fx” so that it doesn’t change the settings for the headlights and taillights