[Skyrim SE] Strange noise and artifacts on logo screen

fixing bugs
  • Author

[Skyrim SE] Strange noise and artifacts on logo screen

I installed ENB Series v0.493. The preset is "Silent Horizons". When I start the game, message about shader caching shows up for a while. Then the game shows Bethesda logo screen. And at this moment I hear strange clap noise in my headphones and in the lower side of screen appears strange graphical artifact which looks like rectangle with a lot of different colors in it. Every time when I launch the game, the rectangle has different sizes, but it always appears in lower side of screen. It shows up just for a moment.

The game itself works fine. But I just started modding it and haven't play much for now.

I tried another ENB Preset called "Re-Engaged". Same problem appears.

So I decided to try out older version of ENB Series - version 0.347. And the problem doesn't appear with this version.

My GPU is Palit RTX 3050.
Recently I have turned off shader caching in Steam settings, because it starts dowloading something for my games whenever I start it.
I also have Skyrim Legendary Edition installed with ENB Series v0.315 and it has no such problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [Skyrim SE] Strange noise and artifacts on logo screen

Thanks for report, but doubt there is any chance to find out what is it. Nobody have such issue and there are no changes in the mod which can do that. Probably you just have incompatible graphics related mods installed

Could you please provide older ENB? Currently I'm trying to install "Silent Horizons" preset which requires ENB Series version at least 0.417.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Versions are backward compatible, unless specified. So use latest one.

Is it even safe to ignore this strange behavior? Can it break something?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Do you have any weird software running in the background that injects itself into the running processes like Sonic Radar or anything like that comes with its own overlay?

Also, check that you don't have a profile set up for SSE in the Nvidia Control Panel doing something odd.

mindflux wrote: 28 Jun 2023, 04:15 Do you have any weird software running in the background that injects itself into the running processes like Sonic Radar or anything like that comes with its own overlay?
I have MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner installed.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I think those two should work these days, at least for me they did when I tested.

Another thing, have you tried launching the game without SKSE? Just in case you are using some possibly conflicting SKSE mods like the Skyrim Upscaler.

mindflux wrote: 28 Jun 2023, 17:37 I think those two should work these days, at least for me they did when I tested.

Another thing, have you tried launching the game without SKSE? Just in case you are using some possibly conflicting SKSE mods like the Skyrim Upscaler.
I've already tried launching the game without any mods, except SKSE and Part 2 of Engine Fixes:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/17230

The bug still remained.

I forgot to mention that I've also downgraded the game with this utility, using "Best of both" file:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... escription